• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HD Remakes

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
In the next super smash brother, they should have HD remakes of old levels. Not just ports of old levels from earlier games, but levels that are remade from the ground up. They could make some slight changes to the stages to make them a little fresh. Again, these wouldn't be ports, but actual remakes.

Some Levels that I would Like to see return:

The Great Bay: This would be a nice level to see back. I think is would look good in HD. Now that swimming is a element in super smash, it gives a new dynamic to the level. Back when we played it in Melee there was no swimming

Saffron City: This is one of the levels that got left out when melee came around. It would be cool to have this level come back. It's a good chance to show off a lot HD Pokemon as they come out from one of the buildings like they use to

Kongo Jungle: This was just a great level in general. This level would look great in HD with the flow of the water and waterfall. To change up this stage they could even remake this one to have the setting at nighttime or have a sunset in the back ground.

The Fountain of Dreams: I was never really a big fan of this stage but I honestly just think the setting would look good in HD

The Pirate Ship: This one just make sense well because....were getting a Wind Waker HD remake, might as well remake the level in HD. (However if they decide to make a different level to rep the cellshaded link, then this remake is not needed.)

So these are a few levels i thought would make good remakes. What levels would you like to see remade in HD?

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I would love that. Like how they did it with Mario Kart Wii. They are the same courses, but have that new aged twist to them.

Saffron City and Hyrule Castle from 64 were my favourite levels and I hope they make a return. Yoshi's Island would also make for some interesting cloud play.

From Melee definitely Corneria, that course is beyond classic.

But I definitely agree with you. I would like to see stages from 64, Melee and Brawl with the new Smash 4 feel to them. I hope they don't follow the trend and only include retro courses from the previous game. Would have liked to play some 64 courses in Brawl.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If it was my decision, they would put every single retro level in the next Smash. Remade or not it's not a problem, but I want them all.
HD remake is possible though, for like 10 levels maybe. I expect a total of 50 levels in the final game. The rest they can put 'em as DLCs and maybe in a few years my dream to have every single level appeared in the series available will be true.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
The pikmin level from brawl has potential to be one the best looking levels IMO. And Luigi's Mansion, which probably will return due to the release of Luigi's Mansion 2

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think there is enough space in the WiiU disk for all retro stages. :bee:

CalumG

Smash Lord
I think they'd be better off doing what Melee did to Smash Bros. 64. It took the most memorable locations from the previous game - Congo Jungle, Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom, Zebes, Green Greens, Sector Z - and recreated the location and layout from scratch. Peach's Castle for example, could return with a similar layout to the SSBM version, some of the quirks of the N64 version (the moving platform, the bumper at the top), and a design based on a more recent interpretation of the castle. I can see a new stage being called Luigi's Mansion, partially inspired by the Brawl one but being based on the newest title of the series. Equally, I can't imagine they'll be able to come up with a better F-Zero stage formula than the one they've already perfected with Mute City/Port Town, or a better Starfox stage idea than riding around on the Great Fox in some form.

EDIT: Plus it'd be nice to see some of the "Retro" stages recreated in an up-to-date style. I liked the concept of having a stage from the original Donkey Kong, but firstly they neglected to choose the most iconic stage from the game, secondly they made the stage too much of an obstacle for its own good (there was no need for the moving flames or for the springs which bounced down from the top), and thirdly, they made no attempt to convincingly move it into 3D. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying one of the best things about Smash is seeing stages such as Spear Pillar, Green Greens, Skyworld or the Ice Climbers levels which have never before been rendered in full, impressive-looking 3D. The same goes for the Mario Bros. sewers - it'd have been interesting to play in a level with a layout like that, but I'd much prefer it to have no enemies, for the pipes to function like how they functioned in SSB64, and for it to be rendered as an actual sewer rather than looking like it's been lifted directly from its game of origin.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Fourside and Hyrule Temple would look phenomenal. Oh, and Halberd too. Even Saffron City lol

Oh please just bring back ALL stages from past games. The Wii U disc holds 25GB of memory anyhow... And DLC is now possible (on both 3DS and Wii U). Bring it <3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fountain of Dreams is the best looking stage in the history of Smash. It would look stunning in HD.

I want Mushroomy Kingdom to return with an NSMB look.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I'd love to see Saffron City come back in HD :D a long with all the other classic levels that was in 64.
Just think how they would remake the Pokemon. All the ones popping out of the doorway and the ones flying in the background.
A Saffron City 2 would be pretty cool (doesn't have to be Saffron City) but another stage where Pokemon jump out at you and do different attacks. Spear Pillar had too much ****ery when the legendaries would mess with the stages.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly, this is a really, really cool idea. (I'm one of those people though that loves to have things HD-remade, because shiny is better if the original product is still the same minus the graphics. Generally...)

Top Bottom