• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with 4.07++ installing on Wii

macgroovin

Smash Rookie
Hello - just a real quick post looking for any info on trying to get 4.07++ on my wii. I don't even know if you can get 4.07++ on wii?? I previously installed 4.05 20xx with no issues - hacking wii and getting Nintendont and all that jazz... I download the 4.07 files that is a ISO file and put all the files on my SD card and it does not show up on my Wii/Nintendont... any help? Thanks

cdMyth

Controller Doctor
Writing Team
You can get 4.07++ on your Wii. Have you tried rebuilding it from scratch?

If you're having additional trouble, you can message me on Discord and I'd be happy to help you out.

Discord: Myth#5518

Ricky32805

Smash Rookie
You can get 4.07++ on your Wii. Have you tried rebuilding it from scratch?

If you're having additional trouble, you can message me on Discord and I'd be happy to help you out.

Discord: Myth#5518
Wdym by rebuilding it from scratch? Sorry I’m also having this same problem

Ricky32805

Smash Rookie
This did help me a bit, I went to gcr and clicked the right file. Saved it. Rebuilt it, and saved it to my sd card. Put the sad card in my wii. Went to nintendont. Still only shows the old 4.05 version

cdMyth

Controller Doctor
Writing Team
This did help me a bit, I went to gcr and clicked the right file. Saved it. Rebuilt it, and saved it to my sd card. Put the sad card in my wii. Went to nintendont. Still only shows the old 4.05 version
There can be wonky issues when you have previous save game data for 20XX, I would try deleting all the Melee data on that Wii, rebuild the 4.07++ ISO, and start it up without having said data. It should prompt you to create a new save data, which should be 4.07++.

Ricky32805

Smash Rookie
Just got it working! Thanks so much. But i have ran into a new problem. Currently playing 4.07 + on my wii, and my controller constantly drifting downwards. On the character select screen, and when I pause mid-game. But haven’t affected my gameplay as far as I have noticed. Only this controller has this issue. On every port in the Wii. I was about to take a tri wing screw driver and fix it myself. But I tested the same controller on the original melee disc on every port for the same Wii and a GameCube. No drifting problems at all. I have tested it on other games that have sensitive joy stick inputs like Luigi’s mansion. No problem on any of the ports for the Wii, or the GameCube. Maybe it’s home brew? Or 20xx 4.07 +? Idk. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom