• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble recording

Ghetto

Smash Cadet
Im having trouble hookin up the cube/vcr to the TV.

My vcr has an input and output RCA channels, as well as the TV. What i figured that i could do is put the output of the TV into the VCR and record like that. Here is the problem: my VCr tries to record on channel 3 or 4 while the gamecube is playing the game on the input 1 of the TV.

I got a RC2 adapter so that the game would play on Channel 3 or 4, but there is no RC2 output on the TV. I tried using the RCA output and the RC2 input to play but it only recorded static.

any ideas? am i a total noob and the solution obvious?

thanks in advance

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
you should also be able to set the vcr to a video/source channel. For instance instead of setting my vcr to a number channel I set it to F1, which is the RCA in jack.

GoodPancake

Smash Rookie
in order to record smash matches, I would say that you need to have a gamecube, a copy of smash, and preferably at least 2 controllers (because people dont like seeing 1vcpu matches : P i dont know y). Oh! also you'll need an oponent, a TV, and probably a camcorder or webcam.

After you plugged in your gamecube and inserted the smash melee disk, you can go about as normal and set up your 1v1 match.

Then all you have to do is record it with the camcorder or webcam. You can post your video on youtube or distribute it with rapidmegafileshare and even post the link on smashboards so people can comment and critique your game.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
hat i figured that i could do is put the output of the TV into the VCR and record like that.
Naw, you don't wanna be doing that. Here's how the whole breakdown goes:

Your Gamecube has two cords running from it. The power cord (AC Adapter) and AV cables (Red, White, and Yellow cables). Put the AV cables into the Input of your VCR. It might say something like "Line 1" or "Input 1" or something like that.

So right now your VCR is receiving info from your Gamecube and can record, though you can't see what you're doing. You can then run a coaxial cord (the ones that come out of the wall and into your TV to give you cable) to the input of your TV in the back. Sometimes they screw in, but nowadays they make them so they just slide in snugly. (They sell'm at radio shack for like $3 if you don't have a spare) If you already had cable running into your TV, instead run the coaxial cable coming from the wall into the "cable input" in the back of the VCR.

Then you're all set! Throw your TV on to channel 3 (or 4 depending on your VCR) turn on the VCR, change the VCR channel to "Line 1" or "Input 1" depending on what it was called, and turn on your gamecube (Some VCR's need you to have the remote to get to the input channel though.. :(). When you hit record, it'll record the matches.

Any more Q's, just ask.

-Alt F4

Top Bottom