• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

having trouble moonwalking

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
I can't moonwalk I've tried searching up guides and a guy told me to do a half circle but when i do that marth only does a dash and i do it fast too.

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I wouldn't even try again. I broke one of my GameCube controllers trying to Moonwalk. Moonwalk isn't very useful for Marth anyway.

(It was pretty flimsy though.)

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Why is no one answering the question lol. It's not very useful, but it's not that hard to do

Marth's moonwalk is done out of his fast walk animation, and when you wavedash, you will be walking at max speed right out of it.

You first fastwalk in one direction, and then you dash back in the opposite direction, and do the moonwalk motion

The easy way is to just do a half circle going from one side to the other of the control stick without going through the middle.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Why is no one answering the question lol. It's not very useful, but it's not that hard to do

Marth's moonwalk is done out of his fast walk animation, and when you wavedash, you will be walking at max speed right out of it.

You first fastwalk in one direction, and then you dash back in the opposite direction, and do the moonwalk motion

The easy way is to just do a half circle going from one side to the other of the control stick without going through the middle.
thanks for answering the question ill try it out

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784

Although doing a complete half circle will result in a shorter Moonwalk.

(At least I think, from my experience with Moonwalking.)

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Although doing a complete half circle will result in a shorter Moonwalk.

(At least I think, from my experience with Moonwalking.)
yeah because of the crouch the best way to do it is to go from the right to the bottom left then up to the left which doesn't shorten your length or so ive seen on an ign forum asking the same question but with falcon

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
And fact check: you can moonwalk the same way with every character.

I believe falcon, the links, and ganon (maybe a few others) have another method that works for them but doesn't work for other characters.

Marth actually has pretty usable moonwalk, it's just not the most helpful thing with him (while fox for example stands to gain a ton if he can fly off stage with moonwalk bairs, it's not just flashy in a lot of cases. Marth doesn't have many cases)

Last edited:

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
You have to moonwalk out of a walk with Marth.
So
Walk(full speed walk for max distance) :GCR: -> dash(think of it as like 1 frame) :GCL:-> :GCDR: slide up the stick right after into->:GCR:

Those are the only inputs you need for the moonwalk(also the other way) :GCL:->:GCDR:-> :GCR:
But remember that you need to start it from walking.

I recommend trying it with young link first since he's the easiest to moonwalk with.

Once you got it down you can style on people with moonwalk into forward smash/grab/tilts.
Moonwalk onto the ledge is also very useful for edge guards, it's almost as fast as bair ledgegrab but less risky.

If you're interested in stickywalking it's a moon walk into a run in the reverse direction. :GCL:-> :GCDR:->:GCR: ->:GCDL: ->:GCL:

Top Bottom