• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having problems putting stuff from camcorder to computer...

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
so, i got the footage I wanted and I have a few questions cause I'm feeliong pretty lost...

1) I checked and I'm pretty sure my comp dosent have firwire port, maybe I'm wrong. when did firewire ports start to become standard? I think mine is a 2001 or 2002 comp. if that helps

2) If it dosent have a firewire port, is that the point of a firewire capture board? If so, how does one hook up a firewire capture baord, just through usb?

3) If I cant use either of the afformentioned transfering methods, my printer has slots for memory sticks and the like. Can I put a memory stick in my camcorder, record what I want, then transfer the videos through my printer onto my comp (its a pretty high tech printer :p )?

thanks in advance.

Top Bottom