• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you guys seen this melee video?

Would you like to see something like this in PM in some form? a special brawl mode of it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLuFpmoKUVQ

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this implemented in PM. If it's feasible. There is L cancel but that only applies to landing lag. There is already something like this for Lucario via the OHC system.

or what about a Lucas + Lucario sort of thing where consecutive hits/combos could reduce hit lag more and more as the combo progresses? but it goes away if you mess up?

As depicted in the above link, it's sorta OP, but what if there was a way to reduce hit stun in midair? air teching? It's probably too out there but that video got inside my brain hole.

:lol: ..anyways. DISCUSS

MVP

Smash Ace
cool combo vid. But sad you can't really do that shiz

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Yes I have seen the video.
No I don't think there should be a "turn on hacks" button.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
The term "L-Canceling" is misleading because L-Cancel reduces endlag on landing, this is more like a Roman Cancel (or anything cancel if you've never played GG).

A special Brawl option with a Brawl version of this code would be hilarious in Project M, but I'd love to see a full out "Project M Minus" kind of mod designed with this code (with knockback and hitstun turned way down of course). Brawl- is fun but it's way too easy, this would skyrocket execution way up lol

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
This combo video was interesting the first time I saw it, but having the ability to cancel anything is completely cheating.

Having a roman cancel like GG with a meter that you build up I wouldn't mind, that would be cool, but I imagine that would be difficult to really mesh into what we already have.

The universal ability to cancel anything is just a terrible terrible idea for a competitive game like smash, or really anything for that matter. You might as well welcome your new 0 to death overlords.

V-K

Smash Ace
Being able to cancel everything would be to ridiculous imo. It may look cool in TAS but in reality your fingers will hurt pretty fast lol

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There is a code on GS Central I believe that allows you cancel any actions with another. Used to do incredibly stupid things like rolling with Luigi while spamming DSmash. It's hilarious. I might pick up the code again if I can find it and see what dumb things I can do in P:M.

Used to be able to find the Brawl combo videos that used it too.

EDIT AGAIN: It's called the General Super Code.

hamyojo

Smash Ace
What if they put an item in P:M to allow this?
Or this ability could come from getting the Smash ball...

Still, it wouldn't be balanced, but it'd make me turn items on again for the first time in years.

Top Bottom