• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you guys ever experimented with Down Throw -> Side B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainVul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaLefty
3DS FC
5386-8706-1766
Its not true of course because they can jump out usually and you probably shouldn't try it against a character with a very fast Nair like Mario/Luigi but its something pretty cool that I've been doing alot lately. I've even been doing it in Tournaments in Chicago alot so I can say I've been able to get actual good players with this irl so its somewhat legit lol.

This is probably the ideal one that you want to get. Hitting your opponent with the hammer hitbox of Side B into the Gordo and then follow up with a Bair. This one seems to easily work against big characters and characters with longer bodies. You probably won't get very small characters like Pikachu or slim characters like Shiek with it:

This is one I've noticed works well on Fastfallers like Falcon/Fox/ect. Side B into Down Smash:

And this is one that works on anyone if they air dodge after the down throw. You might not always get the second hit of the Gordo but you should always be able to follow up with a Nair. (I don't think the Fair after the Nair was true but I guess if they don't act quickly it could work.):

I haven't labbed it out completely so hey maybe someone can take this as far as possible and lab it out to see who which ones work against exactly and there may even be more things you can do with this. But its something that I've added to my game that puts a HUGE amount of percent on your opponent. Probably not something to do every time your get a grab but its a great mixup at low percents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom