• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have We Been Able To Successfully Rip Any Wii U models yet?

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Have we figured that out yet? I haven't seen any imports on Brawl Vault, and Models-Resource doesn't have any yet, so is it safe to assume nobody's gotten it yet? I'm pretty sure I've seen some people say they were working at it, but I've not seen any progress made public yet. So is there anything of note yet?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I have been looking up for 3DS and Wii U models. However, no rips have been released, except for Megaman, Pacman, and Shulk for Gmod. Rips from the Wii U probably wouldn't work with Brawl, due to hd graphics and a higher number of polygons. Something the Wii U has a better time handling than the Wii. If you want a mod similar to the graphics of Smash 4 WiiU, you should try the Smash 3 Project.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I have been looking up for 3DS and Wii U models. However, no rips have been released, except for Megaman, Pacman, and Shulk for Gmod. Rips from the Wii U probably wouldn't work with Brawl, due to hd graphics and a higher number of polygons. Something the Wii U has a better time handling than the Wii. If you want a mod similar to the graphics of Smash 4 WiiU, you should try the Smash 3 Project.
Oh I'm certainly aware of the Smash 3 project. Aside from PM it's the only Smash Mod that I actually keep track of. And if I'm not mistaken, you can lower the poly count and lower texture resolution in order to optimize models. Don't know just how far it can be optimized though, so maybe they'll never work.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Some people were able to rip models from Hyrule Warriors, so Smash for Wii U model ripping should be possible in the near future.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Some people were able to rip models from Hyrule Warriors, so Smash for Wii U model ripping should be possible in the near future.
Oh yeah. Forgot that was a thing that happened. Considering that though, even when they're ripped I don't know that they'll be of much use to us. The big reason we'd be wanting to use them would be how much better they look than the standard Wii models, but since we'd have to optimize them quite a bit to get them in working capacity I don't know that they'll look that much better than the Wii models we've already got. What I am still excited for though is being able to get models for characters with new designs in the game, especially the ones from Hyrule Warriors. SSJ3 Ganondorf shall be mine!

Last edited:

Keman

Smash Apprentice
I really hope you all are right. I would love to see the models out there. I'm sure they would have many uses. Someone get on making full sprite sets using the models if they are ripped and port all Smash characters on a 1 to 1 scale into Mugen :p

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Glad to know models exist, as I'll be swooping in and nicking them for my fan game as a base...

Top Bottom