• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has somebody figured this out?

CO18

Smash Hero
I havent really tested anything with it but it's just been on my mind and I figured someone probably already knows why.

I notice that whenever I use Forward throw someone at a really high percent, soemtimes the person will go almost directly horizontal and die easily then other times the forward throw will make them fly extremely vertical and they can easily recover.

I thought it just had to do with the weight of the character but It seems to me that it doesnt because I did it to a metaknight twice yesteray when he was at 150%+ and the first time I did it he just basically flew up in the air and the second time he died almost instantly.

Someone figure out why yet?

Banned via Administration
I havent really tested anything with it but it's just been on my mind and I figured someone probably already knows why.

I notice that whenever I use Forward throw someone at a really high percent, soemtimes the person will go almost directly horizontal and die easily then other times the forward throw will make them fly extremely vertical and they can easily recover.

I thought it just had to do with the weight of the character but It seems to me that it doesnt because I did it to a metaknight twice yesteray when he was at 150%+ and the first time I did it he just basically flew up in the air and the second time he died almost instantly.

Someone figure out why yet?
hey guys what is di and how do i do it?

CO18

Smash Hero
I didnt think that could be DI because of how drastic the difference is, I will try it out now.

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
I tested it in training, at 150% forward throw threw a mario set to control the same way every time. Even angling it down like you'd angle a tilt didn't change the trajectory. When I DIed Mario towards Dedede when he threw him, it threw him pretty high up but not very far horizontally. When I DIed away from him, it flew fairly low and straight and KOed him. It's just heavily influenced by DI.

CO18

Smash Hero
I tested it in training, at 150% forward throw threw a mario set to control the same way every time. Even angling it down like you'd angle a tilt didn't change the trajectory. When I DIed Mario towards Dedede when he threw him, it threw him pretty high up but not very far horizontally. When I DIed away from him, it flew fairly low and straight and KOed him. It's just heavily influenced by DI.
Ahh Ty. Makes me feel dumb now. :laugh:

Quondulen

Smash Cadet
No reason to feel dumb. Life is a learning experience. Now that it's out there we can all benefit from the knowledge.

Top Bottom