• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone seen Donkey Kong's spot dodge?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering if Donkey Kong's spot dodge has been improved at all. In Melee, his spot dodge could really be considered useless. I mean, by the time you got out of it, the other player would already have started their next attack. This served a big problem for Donkey Kong, especially when you've got to fight people that can L-Cancel as well. Just think, Donkey Kong didn't really get any improvements since Melee; the least they could do is make his spot dodge quick, so that it could serve a better purpose while fighting in a competitive match.

Well, has anyone seen his spot dodge in a video? I've seen it in a screen shot, but that doesn't really tell us if it's quicker or not, does it?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree with you.

I'm not sure if I saw DK doing it, but I might've seen it and it looked like always... but maybe I'm just fantasising things...

Kruton

Smash Ace
I love DK's spot dodge, as punishing as it can be at times. It's hilarious.

I'm more disappointed that he can't change direction in the air with his standard special anymore.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Well now that there is powershielding(again), I don't think he needs a spot dodge as much, but it still needs to be buffed.

Clown_Yoter

Smash Cadet
his spot dodge is actually really practical this time around. i find myself using it and actually being able to walk away and tell the tale.

Top Bottom