• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone got the DThrow to Footstool to work on another player?

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
I have been constantly practicing it and no matter how fast I got, I can never get another player jab locked. I am beginning to think this is not a true thing if the player can react fast enough. Has any fellow Lucas mains got the footstool combos to actually work on another player(Not in training mode, not on a CPU, but an ACTUAL player?)

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I manage to get 80% percent by doing this
He wasn't DI'ing at all for some reason

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
Hm.. I really want to test this with someone.
I can't help you test right now, but perhaps if you could describe specifically what happens when you attempt to jablock? It may be something small you've overlooked, or perhaps you've been trying to use it on characters that can't be locked at mid-percents. If you're unsure about the character specifics on the combo, there's a thread that details it on the OP somewhere (Page 2?).

I've seen a few videos where an actual player was jablocked, but both players were obviously at a low skill level (tons of mistakes were made that day). Edit: here is one of the videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysw3vuYFIiI

What I love about the second footstool combo is that even with a single jablock, the Lucas player created an edgeguard situation and still took the stock with a 0 - death. Definitely something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
I tried nairing for the Footstool combo with a friend in the past and he was always able to get out of it with a (Frame 5 Ness) nair.

And Correct me if I am wrong, if the player footstool moves behind you, I don't think you can continue the chain with the PSI Magnet method/

Last edited:

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
I tried nairing for the Footstool combo with a friend in the past and he was always able to get out of it with a (Frame 5 Ness) nair.

And Correct me if I am wrong, if the player footstool moves behind you, I don't think you can continue the chain with the PSI Magnet method/

I'm unsure about Nair > footstool as I haven't tried it that way yet, so it either doesn't true combo or there's an issue with timing / spacing. Considering you can just mash jump to catch the footstool window, spacing might be the issue.

As for DI post footstool, I've heard that the DI is too minimal at lower percents for it to matter, but I'd have to test it myself.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Nair to footstool is not guaranteed unfortunally
You can just Wavebounce the Side Magnet if you think you the opponent is going to DI behind you

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
I got it several times but since I've switched to B-sticking to wavebounce PK-fire, I find it close to impossible.
Without the C-stick it's really hard.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I honestly think any tournament ready player will never fall for it. Try and practice it for fun, but I wouldn't be wasting time trying to master it, in my humble opinion that is.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
How you mean "fall for it"?
Through my many hours trying to perfect it, I found that the combo relies on VERY specific DI by the opponent AND on getting a grab. Which is hard with him already against a very skilled opponent. So that's what i mean by "Fall for it".

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I have gotten it some times against really competivie players!

if you do the DThrow to Jablock from 0%, its like 80-90% possible against opponents thats are heavy to medium weight/fall speed with DI! its really easy to follow and predict where there DI

however, after the first jablock and you will do it again, it will be much harder! around 30-40% of the time you will fail cause here the DI will both effect their position and height! if they DI too High, they might be out from your footstool or too high up for landing before able to attack/move. here I often end it with a DAir/UAir after the NAir if they dont (s)DI upwards

Last edited:

holymario

Smash Apprentice
yep it is possible. You just have to read their DI properly.

lol why is it always gannon? XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom