• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone else had this happen Vs Falco?

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
I got thrown to the ground and shot from one edge to the other of final destination with lasers without a chance to move or recover. It was timed perfectly.

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
It was pretty odd. I got tossed to the ground with a down throw. And he just spammed his laser and I went all the way from left to right on final destination. It was hysterical looking I looked like I was having a heart attack in slow motion.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I believe its called laser lock (or something like that) and Falco can do it to certain characters. Its definitely something to be aware of.

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
Yes it's exactly like in that video. It was pretty annoying the whole fight I was either chain-grabbed or laser locked if I wasn't on the offensive.

strike42

Smash Journeyman
is there any way to get out of it besides going over the edge?

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
I've been tinkering around with it myself. And it appears the only way to get out of a laser lock is to go over the edge. On some stages it is possible to get out by being shot out of distance. if your far enough away the laser hits to late to keep you locked. It looks like it could really keep you on the defensive for an entire match vs Falco.

Waddle

Smash Ace
Everyone knows about this. And no I havent had this done against me because I have learned the art of not sucking.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
well, all you have to do is just recover from every fall onto the stage with the shield button. If you always land in a recovery roll, you can't get laser locked. The timing to recover on brawl is a bit harder, but still is very dependable once the timing is down.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
it is laser lock but it makes your fingers more tired then chain grabbing and it fells really satisfying when you trap someone in it. i stumbled across it in the forums and was like WTF?just make sure you do that thing where you recover right away by pressing the shield button (i dunno what its called...). this is my first time in these D3 forums, cuz usually i play him just for funzies. in my experience, D3 doesn't do too well against Falco...

Rainbow TroUt

Smash Cadet
Yeah recovering right away with a shield seems to get out of it but once your locked in it your kind of **** out of luck until A: you go over an edge, B: you get a fair distance away.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
It's never happened to me, b/c I make sure I keep a Waddle Dee in front for protection.
that's what i do too. keeping waddles in front helps a lot. you can camp with FJ waddles if you need to, and if he's on the offensive, he's not going to LL you.

just try to make him stay aerial, choose platformed stages, and always upthrow him if you need spacing.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
its called laser locking and it is a falco technique used on bigger characters,

as far as i know, it works on snake as well(dont miss your techs!)

DarumaBlue

Smash Rookie
Brutal, but an expected consequence of Dedede's power and weight. I have to second the motion for copious Waddle Dee use, and if you need to, don't be afraid to interrupt any Falco offensive with a quick move. Down tilt A, tapping A, forward tilt A, even the reverse back-A in the air. It's dangerous enough to be a serious handicap versus a skilled and in-the-know Falco.

Top Bottom