• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hard to use...?

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I've seen multiple people post that he is an ''elitist'' or ''hard to use'' character. All because he needs Pikmin for his attacks, and they scatter away.

This, however, doesn't prove anything. He might be a medium attack-long range kind of character, who has nice recovery and all sorts of things going on for him. His ''handicap'' isn't a reason for him to be hard to play. Perhaps you can easily press down+B to get 5 new ones, or they don't scatter away at all and Sakurai was just using symbolic speak about Olimar's history with Pikmin's.

Anyway, we'll most likely see tomorrow, after a character update we used to get a special attack update following it.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I can't wait to see how he plays. Hopefully the Pikmin will probably play like stronger the Waddle Dees

I wonder how the different colors are going to come into effect

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I imagine his normal attacks are probably pretty decent, cus if they sucked and he needs pikmin who aren't always there to do smash attacks then he's screwed.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I can see Olimar being hard to use but I can also see him as a high tier character with him throwing pikmin rapidly and doing all sorts of stuff.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
The subject of Olimar's "compeditive use" is totally unpredictable. I could argue that his reliance on ugly discoloured carrots Pikmin to perform most/all of his attacks will be too difficult and he won't be used, and that argument would be sound. However, Peach could pluck over 9000 turnips a round in Melee, which is a faster game, and be perfectly safe, and that counter argument would be sound as well.

It also depends on factors I can't even make guesses about, such as: Can my opponent get rid of my Pikmin? If so, how easy is it for him to do so, and how well can I protect my Pikmin? How easy is it for me to replenish them? Do my pikmin-based attacks compensate for the fact that they require pikmin by having high priority and/or range and/or power? Also, Brawl is not Melee!

Speculation is all in good fun, but please, don't try to draw conclusive results based on 2 lines of info, 4 screenshots and a theme song :p

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
I want to see the Pikmin all hanging on top of my opponent beating the crap on of em like they do with the big bosses :)

Top Bottom