• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hard time landing... getting juggled a lot

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm extremely new to the Doc. I would use him here and there in Melee, but not much. I just recently started using hin now. As commonly accepted, he's obviously not a top tier character, but nonetheless I still want to give him a go.
Anyways, when my opponent sends me flying in the air, I tend to stay up there for awhile cause they just continue to juggle me. This could simply be me still being a newcomer, but it seems like he doesn't really have any good moves to counter this tactic. Any tips?

Last edited:

Dobbston

Smash Apprentice
I'm extremely new to the Doc. I would use him here and there in Melee, but not much. I just recently started using hin now. As commonly accepted, he's obviously not a top tier character, but nonetheless I still want to give him a go.
Anyways, when my opponent sends me flying in the air, I tend to stay up there for awhile cause they just continue to juggle me. This could simply be me still being a newcomer, but it seems like he doesn't really have any good moves to counter this tactic. Any tips?
It's a gamble for all characters, not just Dr. Mario, since there's not really a great safe way to get from the air to the ground. Probably the easiest thing to do is just go right to the ledge as soon as you get hit; as long as you're not actually stuck in a combo you should be able to slip out of strings/juggles and go right to the ledge for safety.

LuCypha X

Smash Rookie
Airdodge, downB and Dair. With the airdodge you only need some timing. If I see that my opponent is near me after the airdodge I often use the DownB. On higher percentages the upB, too.
Docs Dair and downB have good priority. So you will win often against other moves. You just have to learn whats the best Way against each charackter.

Last edited:

KeeblerGuy

Smash Cadet
Dair is the safest option. On your descent, double jump before you dair, challenging your opponent if they continue to juggle. Afterwards or you don't have a double jump, Fastfall dair to the ground. I would not recommend air dodging and downb for they have landing lag and end lag, respectively.

LuCypha X

Smash Rookie
Dair have landing lag and end lag, too. ;) like almost all aerials.

Its situation-dependet. And where you did it. If you're high enough you can easily airdodge with a follow up or use the downB. With the downB you can also gain some height. Plus follow up... And if you hit your opponent with the downB you send him flying. So tell me why its not safe? The dair is a very good move and I use it but if you don't hit correctly near the ground you're unsafe too.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The best thing to do is to fastfall.

Seriously. If your opponent is looking to keep juggling you, fastfall to mess up their timing. Combine it with airdodge if your opponent is jumping, or combine it with D-air or Doc Tornado if your opponent is approaching.

But seriously, fastfall. Movement is always the best option.

Doctor_Mario

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, fastfall or attempt to grab the nearest edge. I would never ever recommend you air dodge and land on the stage, the landing lag can take you out.

Top Bottom