• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hang in there! Fighting on the edge.

KeeKeeKee

Smash Rookie
I feel like there should be a topic for edge techniques. Yeah, there are about 2875 threads out there with questions about techs with answers in them, I just feel like there should be something where it's just listed.

... as I haven't really been involved with the smash community for a large amount of time, I don't feel qualified writing an actual guide. Please, call me out on any bull**** if you see it.

I use a B-Stick, no tap-jump configuration.

Down-B
****ing amazing. Read this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=145925

Now, recovering directly from the ledge with a down-B is borderline ********. If you land, you get hit. If you attack and miss, you get launched. However, the footstool properties can really work to your advantage here. If your opponent is camping, you can ledge hop into a down-B footstool and end up about 3/4ths of the way down FD. No joke, try it out. Just remember to DI the entire time. You can side-Bstick to ensure non-projectile chasing.

Fighting from the ledge- Zamus can virtually recover from anywhere on the screen with jumps and specials fresh.

Edge-guarding against recovery from below:
Get down there and get your hands dirty. Bust out whatever you can to interrupt jumps and up-Bs. You can actually get low enough and tether so you're out of range of an up-B... and it STILL guards. If your opponent catches onto your dangly tricks, you can retract (invincibility frames!) and relatch. Fun ****.

Edge-guarding against recovery from the side:
Grab the ledge. Ledge hop bairs, ledge hop side-B's, ledge hop a uair and combo it into something. By far, the most complicated but surprising thing you can do is tether spike from below. You tilt and hold the joystick AWAY FROM THE EDGE AND KEEP IT THERE and B-stick up. You will not auto-sweet spot the ledge and you will be falling, giving you the ability to spike your opponent. If you hit, awesome, they should be caught off guard and probably won't react in time. If they do, they are now forced to recover from below- see above.

And I suppose trying to sweet spot a down-b spike or a side-b kind of goes without saying. If you can pull it off, by all means, do it. If you miss though, you end up ridiculously vulnerable. Watch yourself.

Edge-guarding against recovery from above:
Jump up and spam some neutral B's to block off some of their options. Ideally, go in with a kill move... but if you think you can land it, you can tether them down (which is much, much easier said than done) and try to chain something in there, or maybe even pull off a quick down-B spike.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom