• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hammer Spin Dash affects Spin Charge

nKa ProtoType

Smash Rookie
I'm new to this and am unaware if this is a repost. Sorry in advance!

HSD = Hammer Spin Dash, BSD = Burning Spin Dash....Just in case.

Burning Spin Dash is known to affect Spin Charge. This is most notable when Spin Charge is used on the ground. Both Spin Charge and BSD get a super small jump when done out of the move. However, how many people noticed that HSD differs slightly from default Spin Dash?

Now as far as movement goes, Spin Charge will act the same regardless of which Spin Dash is used, excluding BSD. By this I mainly mean that the hop and control will be identical. However, unlike default Spin Dash, if Hammer Spin Dash is equipped it can be cancelled upon start up.

Unlike cancelling any Spin Dash with shield, HSD Spin Charge can be cancelled by holding the opposite direction that Sonic is facing upon activation. This can be done while coming down from the air as well. One thing to note when using this technique in the air is that upon descent, Sonic will be more influenced by the direction you are holding. If you are holding back for the entire duration, Sonic may potentially end up going behind where he initially started the move. This is something to note for off stage use and it applies to all Spin Charges (to the best of my knowledge).

Short Gfycat: https://gfycat.com/SeriousUntriedIbizanhound

As far as what this can be used for, I'm not too sure. The best thing I have come up with is doing an aerial Spin Charge Cancel into a Hammer Spin Dash when my opponent goes for a "defensive" option that puts me in a bad spot (i.e. Mac rapid jabbing).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Thanks for sharing, but it can be found in the OP of the moveset thread as stated. Perhaps Orochi might be interested in some of the details and using the gif maybe? Just a thought.

In any case, I'll leave this open for a bit before it's determined.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah, is that the case? Thanks and sorry for the repost.
No worries. It's not as obvious to find and isn't commonly known, so maybe it's good to move the discussion a little bit.

:093:

Top Bottom