• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halp! With snake!

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
I was playing in a tournament online last night(my first one :p). I made it to the finals against this snake, I was thinking that I'd be alright, that I knew the matchup decently, but I need help. This snake ***** me 3 times straight. 2 stocked 3 times and I lost the finals. If anyone can help me out with some tips for this matchup it'd be appreciated. This guy used explosives really well. I need halp please :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm pretty sure Snake is 10x harder to beat online than he is offline. So it's kinda hard to help there.

Offline, it's easier to catch his grenades, and when you predict an incoming mortar slide, lag won't screw you over.

Try Kirbyciding 3 times and then killing him in sudden death with an uptilt >_______>

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I don't consider Snake my most difficult match up with Kirby. I consider him practically unbeatable >_< So, yeah... I can't really give any tips.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't consider Snake my most difficult match up with Kirby. I consider him practically unbeatable >_< So, yeah... I can't really give any tips.
I played a few good Snakes on wifi, and they dominated me at first. But after learning his moves...there's a reason I call him Snack now. Just combo the crap out of him, and dodge his predictable attacks. Sure his tilts are broken, but try to stay out of range.

Also, Chudat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYnjMxne6Ww

But Snake's still really freaking hard to beat on wifi.

But i thought snake gets destroyed by kirby ? xD why am i even on a kirby thread lol.
I think Snake was ranked as 70:30 over Kirby on the matchup rankings. *shrug*

T-nuts

Smash Ace
my best advice that you can put to use right away? dont pick final destination. last time i played a snake online (and a very good one) he 2 stocked me on FD, then i won the next 2 matches on lylat cruise and battlefield. in particular, pick lylat if you can. ive heard good things about rainbow cruise as well, IF its legal.

of course learning the matchup better is important too.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
Ok im new to smashboards but not to kirby, anyways, snake has id say 5 things i know he will do
-pull a grenade, then shield roll when you come at him, your attack will blow up the grenade but not him
-Mortar then ftilt, this assures you cant roll away from him
-a,a,a combo
-C4 grab you throw you into it the detonate
-edgeguard with martars, Nair, or Fair

all these are beatable and my key is lagsless aerials,
not many people know but a fall falled Nair auto cancels while a non fast falled doesnt, if he shields the Nair grab him before his tilts or a a a, if not follow up with kirby's a a a vulcan jabs, when he does the mortar f tilt run backward short hop away then back air when close, chances are he will finish his tilts and be vulnerable, never dash attack if you hear his grenades and steal his grenadess they will help so he cant camp. jump off the edge inhale him then spit him under the FD lip, if he UPb and isnt caught under Bair him into a stage spike. other than that i suggest alot of Fsmashes because of range issues

good luck

on a side note, attack from the air

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Drkknight, it really does sound like you know what you're doing. I can't wait to see some videos of you ^_^

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
thanks, ill upload some fights when i get a chance, just got a dog and hes a handfull, also looks alot like wolf link from TP lol

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Asdioh said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYnjMxne6Ww
Oh my... O.o That Kirby is ridiculous.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Grab's and Swallowcide's help a lot. But if your a master a perfect sheld then Snake is just like lite candle in a tornado.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I spend most of my SWF time in the Peach boards ~_~ I should come more often.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
The first time I played against a snake I did fairly well considering the matchup and my lack of knowledge of several things like Snake's insane range and power in his tilts which proved to be a huge problem when approaching.

Anyways racking up damage isn't too difficult even though comboing snake is very difficult, seeing as he could just pull out a grenade when you are about to hit him which causes you to both get hit. This includes the very first hit of the fair upair combo at zero percent.

The main problem is KOing Snake. All edge gaurding him is out of the question because when he does his double jump + up B he just flies straight up so fast making it easy for him to recover from over the screen.

So that leaves several options left. First you can hope to take away his second jump and then edgegaurd him which is possible, but not very likely. Second you can hope to KO him with a powerful move, but approaching with aerial hammer is quite dangerous, and his other ground attacks are too slow. Even if you powershield his tilts you can't get a smash attack off which I have tried.

The other situations in which Snake can be smashed are very unlikely to occur (dtilt trip into smash, dair into smash, or cancel his attacks with a smash) which means that your other means of KOing him are with a back air at a high percent or some move at a very high percent, which is not very efficient.

All of this in combination with the fact of how easy it is for snake to kill kirby makes this match very difficult, almost impossible for the kirby player to win considering if both players were at equal level.

Top Bottom