• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hacking Wii's

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Anyone just totally sick of tripping? I know I am haha. Like it hasn't caused me insane amounts of trouble, granted it's stopped me from follow ups and combos, but nothing like others I have seen where they lose a whole tourney because they trip in the last match of grand finals and have 150% and are just sitting ducks for death. I mean yeah this doesn't happen all the time, but I am sure that there is alot of people who have been KO'd because they tripped and are just fed up with that. I recently suggested to some people that tournaments should require hacked Wii's that have NO TRIPPING codes on. This would create less frustration and would increase the movement of the game example being dash dancing and fox trotting would be used alot more for mindgaming, spacing, and faster movement. I bet that not everyone would be down with this idea or whatever and that's quite alright. It is meerly a suggestion, and wouldn't change the game entirely, but it'll just eliminate those random moments where you fall flat on your *** and lose $500....

My 2 cents.... lol

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, once you start fixing parts of the game, you'll see more and more to fix. Not that this is bad (see Brawl+, Balanced Brawl, etc.), but it changes the entire game. When you fix some stuff, you don't really have (vanilla) Brawl anymore.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Removing tripping greatly affects the game. It makes ground approaches and fox trotting (dash dancing barely exists) safe. It'll take away the aerial focus that the game currently has and the whole tier list will change. One little thing affects a lot more stuff than you would think.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Removing tripping greatly affects the game. It makes ground approaches and fox trotting (dash dancing barely exists) safe. It'll take away the aerial focus that the game currently has and the whole tier list will change. One little thing affects a lot more stuff than you would think.
I'm really confused as to how it would change the whole game, let alone tier lists.
All that I can see happening right off the bat is dashdancing, fox trotting, and more running.

I think maybe you might think that he's saying remove tripping from the entire game, when he's saying just random tripping is removed. I think.

And I think we can assume he's just bringing forth a suggestion to remove only tripping, not fixing the game much like BBrawl does.

Dazu

Smash Cadet
Yeah just random tripping not dtilt trips, banana trips, etc haha my mistake for not specifying :p

Dazu

Smash Cadet
The entire game wouldnt change. Just a bigger use of dash dancing, fox trotting, and running would result which isnt an entirely negative change. See it'd greatly increase the games movement and also some characters momentum (some examples being Marth and Falco).

But of course it will need to be experimented with before something like this could happen.

Top Bottom