• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hack Freezes at Character Select in Multi player

SmashBall2012

Smash Rookie
NNID
MH1994
Whenever i play a brawl hack with my friends, the character select screen freezes after we play a match and select our characters.
we're using our hacks with Brawl + so i don't damage my Wii in any form whatsoever.

do i need a code to prevent this or do i need something else?

So, you are able to get in one match. After you attempt to select different characters it ends up freezing, right?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
That dosn't make much sense to me, Is it random when it freezes? like can you sometimes play a cppl matches before it happens? Maybe one of the menu songs is corrupted or something.

Its been awhile since I had a similar problem like this, but it might be the same exact thing.

Before starting a match. Try selecting each character on the characters selection screen until you can find one for which the game freezes. Then, restart the wii and select that character again. If it freezes again, then the problem might because of the Fit*****.pac files found in the "fighter" folder of the SD card.

Go to the character's corresponding folder within the "fighter" folder and remove the files of the character that froze the game from the SD card. With the contents removed, try to reselect that character and see of it freezes the game again.

Files with the name exactly as "Fitike.pac", "Fitkoopa.pac", "Fitpikmin.pac", etc. hold information regarding attacks and hitboxes. If your playing a version of Brawl+, its likely that this file was edited poorly and oversized. In other words, it takes up more "bytes" than it should and thus freezes the game. That happens a lot with other files as well that certain edits make the file sizes too big and will freeze the game.

SmashBall2012

Smash Rookie
NNID
MH1994
maybe i might get 2 or more people to help me with this hack, and maybe the problem might be solved.
i haven't tried it yet, but i will eventually.

EDIT: just looked at the character screen, i selected all the costumes, and i encountered no freeze whatsoever.....
This doesn't make any sense..... :/

Top Bottom