• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H'aanit for Smash? (DLC idea)

ThymeWarp

Smash Rookie
I'm no expert in Smash bros by any means, but I have an idea for a fighter that I honestly think would work pretty well. I know Octopath Traveler is a really new franchise, but with how good it's doing and with it made by Square Enix, I think Octopath representation in smash would be cool.

Since Octopath is a new franchise, if it were to be in smash, it would most likely be as DLC. I've been thinking about some of the characters being in smash, and in my opinion, I think H'aanit would make the most sense. I though of Primrose, but since dancers specialize in mostly buffs, I imagine she would be a good choice for an assist trophy. I also though of Olberic, but I don't know how to make him unique as a fighter. But I just wanted to discuss how H'annit could potentially play, if she were to be in smash:

First off, the hunter class in Octopath Traveler specializes in bows and axes. With that being said, I think it would be perfect for H'aanit to use an axe for most of her tilts, much like how fighters with swords generally use them for their tilts. As for her bow, it would be perfect for her neutral special (similar to Link and Pit/Dark Pit). As for her side B, I could see her using her net. Since she uses a net in Octopath for capturing beasts, I figured she could use it for her side B as a command grab. As for her recovery, she could summon a random Birdian enemy she captured, to give her a lift. I could see this working like Villager's or Snake's where it can get good height, but you're left open to attacks. As for her down B, it could be a counter. I know many characters already have counters, but I think it could work for H'aanit: She could brace herself and summon a beast to counterattack. I figured it could either be her animal friend Linde, or maybe a random strong beast you'd find in-game. For her forward smash attack, she could summon Linde to swipe in front of her. As for her up smash, she could summon a beast with a weapon to slash upwards. (there are lots of powerful beasts, so I don't know which one would perform the attack.) As for her down smash, I can see her summoning a Frost Bear to pummel the ground from both sides. I know there are more powerful beasts, but I like how the Frost Bear looks. Lastly, her final smash could have Linde dash forward, and anyone caught in it would be sent to the Woodlands in Octopath Traveler. There, H'annit's final smash would be the Hunter's divine skill: Draefendi's Rage, where she would unleash a very powerful bow attack on all opponents caught by Linde.

This is just my idea for a potential Octopath representative for DLC, but I think it would work really well. Could you guys let me know what you think?

grizby2

Smash Lord
ive never played the game to be honest, but I do love me some axes.

I would actually make the bow an f-tilt, since the only f-tilt in the game that's a projectile at the moment is megaman's. and even then its really only him walking while doing his A combo. I think the projectile moves that aren't B specials really added something to smash 4.

ThymeWarp

Smash Rookie
ive never played the game to be honest, but I do love me some axes.

I would actually make the bow an f-tilt, since the only f-tilt in the game that's a projectile at the moment is megaman's. and even then its really only him walking while doing his A combo. I think the projectile moves that aren't B specials really added something to smash 4.
Good point, it would be cool to have more fighters with ranged tilts.

wavesorcerer14

Smash Rookie
I’d certainly be happy with this! I love Octopath Traveler and have been thinking about possible newcomers for a while! I never thought that H’aanit would work so well in Smash but you have me convinced! My only problem, though, is that it doesn’t feel right to represent Octopath with just one character/class. Still, H’aanit would be very original and would definitely bring something new to the table with her beasts. She has my support!

D

Deleted member

Octopath Traveler is one of my favorite games on the Switch right now, so I'd love it if we got a character from the game as DLC, however unlikely it may be. H'aanit was actually the protagonist of my playthrough and while she'd certainly be my first choice for a rep because of Beast Lore + her awesome default class (bow + axe + Leghold Trap = dream character), I think Sakurai would go with Primrose or Ophilia instead. Primrose makes sense because she's the most popular protagonist iirc, was among the first two revealed for the game alongside Olberic, and for her moveset potential. Ophilia is the other option simply because she represents the first 'O' in Octopath and is therefore featured first in the games menus/opening montage. I initially thought every traveler could be an alternate costume of each other, unified behind a singular moveset that combines elements of every one of the 8 main subjobs, but that would get super cluttered and be a nightmare to develop for obvious reasons...

If we do actually get an Octopath character as DLC and it is H'aanit, I'd like to see beasts utilized a lot. Linde and Hagen are a good start, but having her summon some of the more memorable monsters from the game would be a welcome addition. Personally, I'd like a Cait, one of those rock dog elemental things, and a capturable miniboss, but of the ones I want only the rock dogs seem feasible (Frost Bears are good picks too). For specials, Leghold Trap, Rain of Arrows, Thunderbird, and Take Aim are my personal picks. The Beast Lore net is a pretty obvious grab too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom