• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H-Box Back Airs

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'm newer to jigglypuff, and i've been trying to figure out how to force my opponent out of the stage area by doing consecutive back airs while moving out of the stage like Hungrybox does. But everytime I try I start of with a back air then while trying to move out my character flips around and starts doing forward airs. Advice?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Cstick?

You have to be retreating when you bair, I think, because if you don't you'll just jump forward and change directions. Pull in the opposite direction as you bair>bair again and pull opposite>bair again and pull opposite. It can be done with the A button but if you find it difficult the cstaick may make it easier.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Cstick?

You have to be retreating when you bair, I think, because if you don't you'll just jump forward and change directions. Pull in the opposite direction as you bair>bair again and pull opposite>bair again and pull opposite. It can be done with the A button but if you find it difficult the cstaick may make it easier.
Ive been using the c-stick, but I think I figured out my problem. You kindof have to gradually move back by floating up one more time. You cant just move backwards. I think I've got it down now :)

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Press Y+A at almost the same time while holding back. Your thumb can comfortably rest on both the buttons. Just play around with it.

Last edited:

jbvh

sicdf
He has stated it before and I've asked in person. Hungrybox uses a combination of Z and C-stick for his aerials and ground game. He will switch between them at times, but most often he will do a wall of pain with Z since you're comfortably moving in one direction via the analog stick and tapping Z with the other hand. C-stick makes for great vertical bairs where you're really limiting your horizontal movement. You'll likely throw out a nair if you use Z for this case in the shorthop bair aerial game.

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
Perform any aerial immediately after the air jump (sorry no frame-specific numbers about how immediate), and it will stop you from turning.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Pressing jump while holding left/right (whichever way you're not facing) makes you turn around. So just briefly return the stick to neutral when you hit jump.

Top Bottom