• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gw v Mario (input requested)

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
well he is bad, like really bad, maybe I have more trouble with him than you do, but he's worse than mk....MK!!! XD
G&W is way slower than MK is and MK has transcended priority on all his aerials which makes him even harder to punish; MK is much tougher to fight than G&W. The trick against G&W is to play defensively until you can get inside his range and then stay on him once you are.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
G&W is easier then MK but i do like how MK is stopped by fireballs, unlike G&W who can absorb them to attack us later on with an even stronger attack.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If you get inside G&W's range, he has done something wrong. To forfeit his brickwall by bucketing one of the fireballs could cause him quite a bit of damage, especially on a stage where you can chase his upB like battlefield or RC. It's definitely not a smart move to fireball if the G&W is reading you well, as that full-bucket could end a stock early and seal the match.

G&W's best advantage is his range/priority. His ability to keep Mario out is absolute; better than Marth imo. The way I see it, there's no reason to take away your greatest approach option because of an attack that he MAY bucket 3 times and MAY actually land later in the match. If you don't fireball, chances are that you'll be walled the entire match without a proper approach. Still, you probably shouldn't try to be predictable with them. If G&W is getting a full bucket multiple times during the match...you fail.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
One thing I like to do when 2 fireballs are in the bucket is to empty short-hop and he'll bucket, while I move inside. And he'll just be overall a lot more paranoid for that final fireball, that'll never come (unless him bucketing it means a free smash or something for me).

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Turtle ***** fireballs. I can't see why he would bucket it when he can turtle it easily.
Because some of the players' mentality is that turtle doesn't kill at, like, 30%.

In any case, I don't have much experience fighting Game and Watch, but he will undoubtedly attempt to bait you into a fireball if that's his strategy, in which case, he's easier to read than you are.

Top Bottom