• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys when do you think we'll have the announcement trailer?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The saddest thing, is that I will never get to play SSB4! :urg: All this speculation for nothing! :(:c:urg::scared:
neener neener. :troll:

Can I ask why you won't be able to play?Edit: Please don't tell me it's ecause of that stupid Mayan calendar thing.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Much like most of the people here I'm gonna go with E3 before we get any solid news we might get a few tidbits here or there along the way but that'll be about it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm sure the only trailer we'll get at E3 2013 is the 3DS version. >:C
That would let me down a lot. But actually, I'd like to see the 3DS version developed first, and the WiiU version coming out a little bit later so to be PERFECT.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
3DS version will be a watered down version in comparison to the Wii U, nonetheless i'm getting both versions. I'm interested in how the two versions will interact with each other.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
3DS version will be a watered down version in comparison to the Wii U, nonetheless i'm getting both versions. I'm interested in how the two versions will interact with each other.
Don't forget the 3DS cartridge can hold up to 8 GB. Super Smash Bros Brawl is about 7.9 GB in size (and Melee is about 1.4 GB) so we really don't have to worry about the 3DS version having a lack of content. The graphics between the 3DS & Wii U on the other hand, yeah, there's going to be a HUGE difference. I'm getting both games too. I'm curious on how they'll connect as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I had this idea that before E3 2013, a teaser trailer would be shown in a Nintendo Direct roughly a month or two before the real announcement at E3.

It would basically be a remake of the Super Smash Bros. 64 intro, with the main difference being improved visuals using the Wii U's graphical capabilities. But it would be more then that, during the teaser there will also be new stages teased too and some minor cosmetic alterations with the character's moves and appearance.

But then it reaches around the end and instead of showing off Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff, it shows silhouettes of 4 newcomers.

Then it ends with a new Super Smash Bros. title which mixes blue and red colors, with a teasing "COMING SOON" flashing, the 3DS and Wii U logos, and the Nintendo and Namco Bandai logos on the bottom screen.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had this idea that before E3 2013, a teaser trailer would be shown in a Nintendo Direct roughly a month or two before the real announcement at E3.

It would basically be a remake of the Super Smash Bros. 64 intro, with the main difference being improved visuals using the Wii U's graphical capabilities. But it would be more then that, during the teaser there will also be new stages teased too and some minor cosmetic alterations with the character's moves and appearance.

But then it reaches around the end and instead of showing off Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff, it shows silhouettes of 4 newcomers.

Then it ends with a new Super Smash Bros. title which mixes blue and red colors, with a teasing "COMING SOON" flashing, the 3DS and Wii U logos, and the Nintendo and Namco Bandai logos on the bottom screen.
let me guess: Ridley, Starfy, Takamaru and Palutena. Did I get it right?

I still defend that we'll get a trailer... at earliest during E3 2013. when did development start anyway?

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman

Nice idea! I think it would make more sense to have Little Mac and King K. Rool instead of Palutena and Stafy, but that's just opinion. If this actually happened, the silhouettes would get me so psyched.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At the very least, I could see Palutena in the first four revealed. Either her or Krystal as every Smash announcement since Melee has revealed at least four default characters and at least one of them has always been a girl.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
let me guess: Ridley, Starfy, Takamaru and Palutena. Did I get it right?

I still defend that we'll get a trailer... at earliest during E3 2013. when did development start anyway?
Kid Icarus was the end of March right? So Namco was already working on a prototype before then so... I'm guessing around Feb.

Though Sakurai claimed the game would not start until Icarus was out in all territories things were obviously being worked on before hand considering their official Sora Namco collaboration announcement.

I'd love a teaser with silhouettes at the end of the first trailer. It would drive me wild!

:phone:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The earliest we ever heard of Sm4sh starting to be developed was February 21 of this year, fyi. With that, Sakurai will have done development for the game for a little more than a year in the month of E3 2013 (which is June).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kid Icarus was the end of March right? So Namco was already working on a prototype before then so... I'm guessing around Feb.

Though Sakurai claimed the game would not start until Icarus was out in all territories things were obviously being worked on before hand considering their official Sora Namco collaboration announcement.

I'd love a teaser with silhouettes at the end of the first trailer. It would drive me wild!

:phone:
I honestly want to guess that work in some capacity was started late last year, possibly October. The reason I say this is because there was a job opening on Sora's website that was saying the game would start in October. There's no way they could leave their employees in limbo so they had to have started as early as then.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I honestly want to guess that work in some capacity was started late last year, possibly October. The reason I say this is because there was a job opening on Sora's website that was saying the game would start in October. There's no way they could leave their employees in limbo so they had to have started as early as then.
hmm... that means the game is already being developed for one whole year.

by the time of E3, which is around May or June, then by that time, dev time is already of one year and 7/8 months approx., in other words, more than a year and half.

with Brawl, develpoment started in late 2005 and came in early 2008 (in Japan), that gives little more than 2 years, which means that, assuming this game is developed in the same time, then we get a early 2014 release.

of course, since Sakurai said he wanted to add new features, it's likely that we may have to wait a little longer to get the finished game, especially if we take in account that there will be two versions of the game (Wii U and 3DS) that interact with each another. on the other hand, though, this time, Sakurai has a bigger dev team that's also more experient on fighting games, Namco Bandai.

with all this said, I believe we'll get a trailer at E3 2013 and get the final game at earliest in 2014. I'd expect something between mid-2014 and mid-2015 as the release date. anything earlier than that is unlikely, but not impossible: it will depend on how the development goes.

Top Bottom