• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GUTS II (Boston)

Corona

Smash Apprentice
My name is James. Normally, I go by Fish, but in memory of my brother Patrick, I will be fighting in GUTS II as Pat. After years of casual play and watching the likes of my heroes Aniki, GERM, Smasher, Skler, J666, Stro, and HDL on Youtube, I decided to, once and for all, enter my name in the hat of tournament Melee competition as a Link only player. Send me your blessings. Will anybody else be there?

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Long story short, I did not make it out of pools. It was a great experience, though. I had the pleasure (or nightmare, depending on your perspective) of having the one and only M2K in my pools as well as Mafia's mean Falcon. I managed one sweet combo on M2K's Sheik before being swept off FD twice. It was amazing. I met up with JV Smooth after he lost in brackets in a Link/Marth match, and I was very competitive with him in friendlies in dittos. He's a good guy and gave me some words of encouragement after repetitvely being told to "learn another character" or my favorite "have you heard of Project M? Link is good there." I'll be back. I never anticipate winning anything, but I would like to take a stock away from M2K. Too bad Skler wasn't around like he was last year; I was keeping an eye open for him there.

Top Bottom