• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guranteeing Variables

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Recently I've had matches where I've randomly gotten footstools and up b spikes that won me the match. Although it was pretty satisfying winning like that i want tk to know if anyone has discovered tech to guranteed or at least increase the chances of shield breaks, foot stools, or up b spike kills?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I don't know much about Kirby, but I do know that UP-B basically only spikes if the wave doesn't happen, or just outright misses (In the rare cases it does.). It interrupts the downwards momentum, the same as the landing hitbox on Ike's Aether, so it's best to ledge grab with it if you want to spike. That way, you can safely use it without the wave ever coming out and interrupting the downwards momentum.

That being said, it's a lot more difficult than it sounds, so you might wanna practice it a bit.

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero

JS2D

Smash Cadet
It's kinda hard to spike with Up-B, although i have done it before. As @ Conn1496 Conn1496 mentioned, the wave has to miss or else they'll just get knocked horizontally by it. This can happen if you're trying to recover and you catch your opponent on the way down. I guess you can also try to bring them down if they choose to recover high.

EDIT: Completely forgot to add this. Someone on the board once posted this. It's a bunch of tips on landing the spike. Again, it's not exactly easy to land, but it's an option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdn0-0t4_mw&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Imber

Smash Cadet
It's possible to do dair > footstool gimps pretty reliably. As you hop offstage just dair and then immediately fastfall. If dair lands just start mashing jump and you should footstool. This works better on some characters than others though and this is just my way of doing it so if someone has a better way I would love to know about it.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda hard to spike with Up-B, although i have done it before. As @ Conn1496 Conn1496 mentioned, the wave has to miss or else they'll just get knocked horizontally by it. This can happen if you're trying to recover and you catch your opponent on the way down. I guess you can also try to bring them down if they try to recover high.

EDIT: Completely forgot to add this. Someone on the board once posted this. It's a bunch of tips on landing the spike. Again, it's not exactly easy to land, but it's an option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdn0-0t4_mw&feature=youtu.be
Thanks! I've never seen this video before!

Top Bottom