• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gunner Tech: The Plasma-Dash

snuffychris605

Smash Rookie
NNID
snuffychris605
Hey, first post on Smashboards, made especially for this post.
So me and my friend were testing a tech we call the plasma-dash. Its using the forward air. To perform correctly, you jump fair and hold the other direction. Learning the height to not get stuck in the landing lag can be tough. Holding the direction you want to go will increase your distance. When you land you slide and can perform almost anything out of it, even a down taunt. These are testing with a small mii gunner with 1312 and another small with 3321 against my friend large gunner with a wacky set. If you would like a visual of it, it would be recorded with a phone camera. Learning to B-reverse also allows you to recover with the fairs pushback. I would compare it to Diddy's Speed Crawl, since he can perform alot out of that.
Moves that will not stop momentum:
Down Taunt
Up Tilt(for all of the tilts, you can turn around to do them appoaching)
Forward Tilt
Down Tilt
Up-Smash
Shield
Neutral Special 1(Charge shot) sort of
I will test more so expect updates to this

Nicksd90

Smash Rookie
NNID
ndansby98
Plasma-dashing is also great for getting away from challenged stage control. Reverse jumping into a plasma dash will help you regain ground

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
On the second page of the mii gunner thread there is a gun dash thread that talks about this movement. It is actually better to jump while holding the other direction first and then fair with the c-stick. You can also recover by using side b to turn around or by turning around in the reflector or absorber.

Valamway

Smash Apprentice
NNID
i38VWi
Very much old news, but I have to say that I love the name.
Probably gonna start calling it that.

Top Bottom