• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gun dashing: New Mii Gunner movement AT

101Leafy

Smash Rookie
I've discovered a new AT for Mii Gunner that gives them a lot of mobility. I will refer to this technique as gun dashing for now, unless someone thinks of a better name. Sorry if this has already been posted, but I haven't seen anything similar in the threads that I have read.
First, let me note that this works far better if you have the c-stick set to "Attack" instead of "Smash". In order to "gun dash", you must jump, hold backwards on the left stick, and hit forward with the c-stick to use your fair. If performed correctly, you should have a huge burst of backwards momentum. Here is the gun dash in action:

The best part is, this can be used to gain momentum both in the air and on the ground, as you can quickly perform this during a short hop. I think this can be a pretty big game changer for the Mii Gunner, as the extra mobility has a wide variety of uses, and you can even use gun dashing to make the Mii Gunner's poor recovery a bit better. I hope you find this helpful, and let me know if you discover anything else!

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I noticed this while also playing the gunner, it was useful to use his already amazing Fair (imo) to Zone even better however I couldn't get it to work because 3ds reasons

Good share dood and know that I know how to do it, I will make a custom button config around.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Looks like the gunner finally got something good. Now it's time to find something for the swordfighter?

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
I noticed this while also playing the gunner, it was useful to use his already amazing Fair (imo) to Zone even better however I couldn't get it to work because 3ds reasons

Good share dood and know that I know how to do it, I will make a custom button config around.
It's mostly due to a lack of C-Stick on a 3DS lmao

But yeah, we need something good for the Swordfighter. We have Shotput Shuffling, Gun Dashing, what's next?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There's a lot more to this. I'm surprised this wasn't found day 1. You can retreating fair to neutral B at the edge of a platform. You also have full aerial momentum/b-reverse during grenade, bomb drop, and the fire side B.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
There's a lot more to this. I'm surprised this wasn't found day 1. You can retreating fair to neutral B at the edge of a platform. You also have full aerial momentum/b-reverse during grenade, bomb drop, and the fire side B.
It wasn't found on day 1 because almost nobody even uses the Mii fighters and performing this trick on the 3DS is near impossible.
Also, there's more than that too; you can pull sliding grabs and tilts out of this too that go a lot farther than a perfect pivot. It's a very solid spacing option that can net kills.

Last edited:
Top Bottom