• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guaranteed combos?

Pyrofishy

Smash Cadet
Are there any guaranteed, or almost guaranteed, combos for Palutena? I only know of one, I'd really like some more to use.

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
D-throw>Fair D-throw>Bair D-throw>U-air D-throw>Nair, nair>nair/u-air/fair (Using platforms you could extend it Nair>Nair>fair but this isnt guaranteed)
All are basically guaranteed at lower %'s (D-throw fair is pretty consistent at high %'s though)
I've been told Jab>reflect works, though I hardly use it.
D-throw>shorthop to bait an airdodge>Up smash/f-smash works and D-throw>Uair works sometimes. Palutena doesnt really have guaranteed combo's. She's more of a mind games character, apply pressure, force your opponent to make mistakes that kind of stuff.
Though heres some things that work a lot for me for racking damage and taking stocks.
Obviously jab>grab
F-throw/Back-throw>Autoreticle (This limits the opponents options and may give some extra %)
D-tilt>Jab (Most people think ALL of palu's tilts a laggy which results in them rushing into a jab)
Fair>Dash attack is pretty good since most of the time it combo's
Landed a bair or nair at mid-%? Do a grounded b-reverse to possibly get extra %
When the opponents off stage warp canceling into a nair to intercept their recovery works if they go low, if they go high jumping into uair can get extra % and possibly a stock at kill %'s
Throwing out dair in the neutral can really confuse the opponent
Using reflect to substitute for grab can confuse opponents as well, this'll make you much more unpredictable imo.
ALSO using reflect in the air against whoever your playing can set up an awkward situation for them thanks to reflects interesting windbox.
Thats about all I've got, haha

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
D-air can combo into Grab, Jab, Dash Attack, B-air, F-air, and probably other stuff from 0% to about 80% or so without Rage (certain things such as grab and jab stop working earlier than that). FF F-air combos into itself, Dash Attack, and I think RAR B-air. FF B-air combos into Dash Attack.

Jab1 pseudo-combos into U-tilt (by that I mean the opponent can escape after Jab 1 if they have a frame 1 invincible move) and IIRC that can kill around 130% without Rage on FD. With a decent amount of Rage it can kill WAY earlier than that. About 20% to 40% earlier depending on who you're fighting and what % you're at.

Top Bottom