• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground-Skimming Lasers

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Tired of Snake mains (and other characters, I guess) ducking under your Lasers? Me too. So that's why I developped this. I've been doing it for a while now, but never really thought it was that important or innovative. When I used it at a recent friendly, one of the players there thought it was pretty impressive. I don't think it's that great, but if one person likes it, who's to say others won't too? So I decided to put it up here.

It's very easy, like most techs in Brawl. To do it you...

1. Hang off the ledge.
2. Press Down to drop off
3. Pause for a little bit.
4. Double-Jump and immediately hit B once.

What should happen is Falco pokes his upper body over the edge of the stage and fires a single laser that travels just above the ground. Obviously, since it's so low, it can hit anyone's crouch, including Snake. Falco then grabs the ledge reasonably quickly after firing the Laser, resetting his position.

Pros:
One more Lasercamping strategy
Allows Falco to force opponents who could normally crouch under his Lasers to approach him.

Cons:
Slow Rate of Fire
Easily avoided
Only performable from a ledge

Essentially, it's a useful strategy when it's combined with the rest of Falco's ledge game. Working it in with Ledgehopped Double Lasers means Falco can now abuse every character at a distance, but he'll still be less effective against characters like Snake. The important thing is that we can force them to move.

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
I have been doing something similar to this, called LHTL (ledge-hop triple laser) where, i drop and immediately jump (main difference) and fire 3 lasers, the first 2 look like a screwed up shdl, but the least one skims the ground. The only issue is you have to firebird to get back up.

Anyway, I like yours a lot better, no firebirding. =P

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I'm sent flying at a low angle past edges, I always shoot a laser and then I use my double jump and shoot another one. The first one is a floor hugger while they second one is a bit higher. Looks cool andcan stop edgegaurd atempts.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom