• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Griffon

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I go to Busch Gardens, Williamsburg occasionally, and usually have a pretty good time, but the experience had been getting pretty hackneyed. I went this weekend and was blown away there for the first time in a long time. Why? Because now they have quite possibly one of the most intense roller coasters I have ever been on: Griffon.

Granted, veterans of Roller Coaster havens like Cedar Point will probably pooh-pooh this coaster, as most of its gimmicks have been used before and, taken separately, have been used to greater extremes, but that doesn't really detract from the experience. The description of the ride is "The World's Tallest Floorless Dive Coaster." Now it may not be the tallest floorless coaster or the tallest dive coaster, but it is certainly the tallest combination thereof standing at 205 feet, with an initial drop of 90 degrees (hence the term dive coaster). Moreover, the coaster stops for about seven seconds at the very apex of the drop, suspending the front row head first, 205 feet over the ground. Naturally, I rode front row, and all I can say on that point is, holy ****.

Go there. Ride it.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Griffon looks just like shiekra.

just blue?

edit: nvm, griffon is 50 feet taller, and pauses 7 seconds instead of sheikra's 4 second pause before the drop. virtually the same thing.

Top Bottom