• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Infinite Combo Found?

EndgameN

Star Lord
NNID
EndgameN
3DS FC
3625-8676-1692

It seems that if you do not get the last hit on Greninja's up air now,that the knockback will be minimal and you can combo into even at 999% on training mode. If this can't be escaped when done correctly this is hilariously broken and relatively easy. Also tested on 999% Jigglypuff in training it doesn't kill unless it is the last hit of up air.

Last edited:

EndgameN

Star Lord
NNID
EndgameN
3DS FC
3625-8676-1692
Crossposting from the Greninja thread.

It seems that if you do not get the last hit on Greninja's up air now,that the knockback will be minimal and you can combo into even at 999% on training mode. If this can't be escaped when done correctly this is hilariously broken and relatively easy.
Also tested on 999% Jigglypuff in training it doesn't kill unless it is the last hit of up air.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I saw Bowser jump out of it slightly. I imagine you can airdodge/nair it. The hitstun isn't long enough to be an infinite methinks. It's definitely silly but yeahhhh...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Doesn't look like it, Bowser jumps at one point (Around 22 seconds or so?) I imagine you can easily just airdodge out or do something to punish. If the game doesn't register it as a true combo there's probably a way out of it in this game.

Bowser jumps between the penultimate and last uair. Ergo its not an infinite. Also level 1 computers aren't particularly known for their skill.

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
Like the others have said, the combo in the video was not a true combo, but it seems to have potential. It is possible that it was just performed too slowly and is in fact a true combo. Try to test it in training mode at 1/4 speed to see whether the combo counter registers any part of the combo as a true combo.

PandaEffect

Smash Cadet
Timing is strict and I don't know how much the other player's DI would affect it.

If you fast fall as soon as you hit the uair, you'll connect 2-3 hits, and bowser will still fall downwards.
if you fast fall a bit after, you'll get 5 hits, and bowser will stay in the spot where the 5th hit connected. No knock back but will stay in stun.

I managed to chain the faster 2-3 hit version into upsmash just now, don't know if that was there before with the old mechanics.

MartinAW4

Smash Journeyman
Timing is strict and I don't know how much the other player's DI would affect it.

If you fast fall as soon as you hit the uair, you'll connect 2-3 hits, and bowser will still fall downwards.
if you fast fall a bit after, you'll get 5 hits, and bowser will stay in the spot where the 5th hit connected. No knock back but will stay in stun.

I managed to chain the faster 2-3 hit version into upsmash just now, don't know if that was there before with the old mechanics.
Do you mean after a ground bounce? You could true combo 2-3 hit Uair spike -> ground bounce -> Usmash even before, however the opponent could tech it so it wasn`t really a true combo.

I`m more interested in the 5 hit version. If it doesn`t give any knockback that would mean it really is an infinite combo. Now the main questions are at which % it starts to become a true combo and whether the opponent can DI out of it or not.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
I remember trying this against a Diddy dummy, and it was not working. If it works at all, I'd imagine it being on fast falling/heavy characters only.

Top Bottom