• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gregston FTW!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Alright, before I start and you start flaming me, I'd like to syart with a little anecdote:

the birth of Gregston was actually a joke, but he evolved into something more, something much, much more on the Character Discussion thread by Pete. It was a little conversation between me and Plan9 (I expect you to back me up!)

well, you want to flame something, so I'll post everything now:

GREGSTON!

First Apperance- Baseball- NES (1986) Also, the best Baseball Game EVER!!!!!!

STATS
Height- 3/5
Weight- 2.5/5
Power- 3.5/5
Speed- 4.5/5
Gravity- 3/5

MOVESET

B- Pitch- Baseball Player winds up a pitch and throws a Baseball. The more you wind, the farther and faster it goes. Like DK's B, after it's charged all the way, you can move and press B to throw

Foward / Back B- Home Run- Charges up bat and swings. Lie Ness's foward smash attack.

Up B- Catch- Baseball Player jumps in the air as if to catch a Fly Ball. Hurts anybody who gets in the way. Can also cath projectiles or items and throw them with his B. EXAMPLE- Link throws a bomb. Baseball Guy catchs it. throws it back with B. EVERYONE WINS!

Down B- Base Slide- Player does a fast and powerful Slide, as if sliding for First Base. In the air, he goes straight, unlike CF's Falcon kick.

SUPER SMASH ATTACK- Grand Slam- A pitching machine appears and fires balls at Baseball guy. He hits all of them back at the opponents, each deal twice more damage than Yoshi's Egg. At the end, a giant Baseball is shot at him and he hits it, and travels across the screen destroying all items and pushing back all opponents.

Character Symbol- Baseball Doi :psycho:

Character Stage- Baseball Stadium

What happens when Kirby sucks up Baseball Player- Hat and glove

Now, your thinking "WTF! A guy who plays friking Baseball!?!?!?!", it's actually one pf the few sports that Nintendo had made that can actually be into a fighting game. I mean, I could have added a guy from True swing Golf or the humans from Mario Tennis on the GBC if you wanted. think before you post.

There, hope your happy Plan9. I put my ego on the line

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

sorry i just wanned to do dat so bad....
lol, that owl ill haunt my dreams.

Yes, really, here is the conversation (I cut out other people that posted in between, but you get it)

I'll post the entire info here cause if I where to make a seperate thread it would get closed faster than I could say "This guy should be in Brawl !"

So, here it is...............

Baseball Player a.k.a GREGSTON!

First Apperance- Baseball- NES (1986) Also, the best Baseball Game EVER!!!!!!

STATS
Height- 3/5
Weight- 2.5/5
Power- 3.5/5
Speed- 4.5/5
Gravity- 3/5

MOVESET

B- Pitch- Baseball Player winds up a pitch and throws a Baseball. The more you wind, the farther and faster it goes. Like DK's B, after it's charged all the way, you can move and press B to throw

Foward / Back B- Home Run- Charges up bat and swings. Lie Ness's foward smash attack.

Up B- Catch- Baseball Player jumps in the air as if to catch a Fly Ball. Hurts anybody who gets in the way. Can also cath projectiles or items and throw them with his B. EXAMPLE- Link throws a bomb. Baseball Guy catchs it. throws it back with B. EVERYONE WINS!

Down B- Base Slide- Player does a fast and powerful Slide, as if sliding for First Base. In the air, he goes straight, unlike CF's Falcon kick.

SUPER SMASH ATTACK- Grand Slam- A pitching machine appears and fires balls at Baseball guy. He hits all of them back at the opponents, each deal twice more damage than Yoshi's Egg. At the end, a giant Baseball is shot at him and he hits it, and travels across the screen destroying all items and pushing back all opponents.

Character Symbol- Baseball Doi :psycho:

Character Stage- Baseball Stadium

What happens when Kirby sucks up Baseball Player- Hat and glove

So there, if you can, at least mention this guy next time you update PUHLEEZ!
There's also more than one ice climber, although they do have names, so the anouncer calls him baseball player, but his name will be............ Greg...ston.. Gregston!
while Baseball may not be my favorite sport, he's the only "real sport" character tht has a chance to be a fighter. If I wanted my favorite sport, "Ice Hockey Player" from "Ice Hockey" (NES), what moves would he have..... Slapshot, Check, and thats it. As far as Hockey goes, GO "SAN JOSE SHARKS"!!!!!!!!!

BTW, his name is Gregston now! GREGSTON FTW!
I think Gregston deserves his own thread (if he doesn't already have one somewhere).
Yay Gregston!
Odds are he doesn't, but I've never had good luck with my deas on threads, except ryota and kensuke. I just don't know if I should or not. A mod may cclose it as a joke topic, not to mention I'll get my a** flamed off.
So, yeah, I was kind of joking picking a generic baseball player, but he evolved into something much more.

bbb

Smash Champion
I love a lot of those generic, nameless, NES-age charcters. Plus the bat FTW!!

Edit: his B neutral should be he tosses a ball in the air then hits it, and you can aim it upwards like a pop-fly, downwards like a grounder, or straght like a line drive (essentialy like Link's Boomerang)

parrothead

Smash Lord
You made that name yourself? If so, then change it to one of the names found in the Game Boy version of Baseball.

Top Bottom