• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greetings

Itora

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Long time lurker here, finally decided to make an account and start posting.
I've been around this website for about a year and a half, never bothered making an account until now though. I'll probably donate as soon as I get my money back in order.

Anyway, I'm from Michigan. Been playing Smash since 64, was never really good at it. Melee was probably one of my favorite games of all time, I loved it to death and played it almost every day of my life for a very long time. I only learned of the competitive scene in 2010, had no idea it even existed. I didn't have much interest at the time, but in the past year or so I found myself playing Brawl and not realizing how much I missed Melee. After buying a copy of Melee, I found myself wondering why I hadn't gone back to play, I had missed the game way too much. In the past 6 months, I've probably played more Smash than I ever had before in my life. Project M is by far one of the funnest things I've ever played, even when still playing it as a party game with friends instead of competitively. It's a good change of pace from Brawl. As a disclaimer, I'm atrocious at Melee. My skills are shoddy at best and no matter how much I try I just can't seem to get better.

In 64, the only character I ever played was Kirby because I had every single Kirby game in existence. It's my favorite Nintendo series.
Melee was a little different, I played Zelda/Sheik a ton simply because Zelda was the closest thing to a mage in the game and Sheik was the closest thing to a ninja in the game. Never really tried anyone besides those two and Kirby.
Brawl was an entirely different story. After sitting through tons of hype and basically buying a Wii just for Brawl (Which is pretty much what I'm doing with Smash 4, buying a Wii U solely for that game.) I was so excited to have Sonic in the only fighting game I love more than any other. I played him and Ike exclusively.
When I finally heard about P:M eight months ago, I started out by playing Sheik and Ike. I was thoroughly impressed by how well the game ran despite being an almost full-conversion mod. Since then I've learned to play Ganondorf (Who is now my main, even though he's not all that praised by most people) Lucario (former main, now secondary) Ike (also secondary), Marth, Sheik, Zelda, and whenever I feel like making a fool of myself I try to play Falco and fail miserably.

Smash 4 has had me hooked since the day I heard of it's production. I've been so hungry for information that I practically camp the forums for anything new I can find, and I'm really excited for the diverse roster we've got this time.
Main is undoubtedly Little Mac. He has major shortcomings but that's what I love to play around, a character with a lot of shortcomings makes them more challenging to learn correctly. I played Punch-Out during my childhood (it's my dad's favorite game, he's a huge boxing fanatic.) and I was thrilled to hear Little Mac was in the roster. I love the idea of a boxer being in Smash, due to boxing not really being a martial art and instead something reminiscent of a sport (I also really love super armor, but don't tell anyone.) I'm also really interested in Robin, Shulk, Falco (with wavedashing out of the picture, he'll require much less techskill to play correctly, which means someone as bad as me shouldn't have too much of an issue.) Lucario, and Zelda.

I'm sort of homely, I don't ever leave all that much except to go to work. As such, I've never been to any local tournaments but I love watching big name tournaments like EVO on stream, and I love to watch some of the high-tier pro players stream. I really enjoy the community around Smash because it's so unlike any other. A lot of competitive games have communities that are hostile and volatile, but I rarely see any toxic people in the community save for a few (I don't really know if that's true or not, It's just what I perceive. I may not know the whole story.)

If anyone's in the Lincoln Park area of Michigan, let me know. I'd love to attend tournaments, or just hang out and play with anyone if they're interested. I'm also good for Dolphin Netplay if anyone wants to do Project M. I've only ever played against Level 9 AI and I've done everything I can to play against them, now I need to learn how to play against actual players.

If you actually read this far, thanks for actually bearing through this. I appreciate it.

Top Bottom