• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Shell's Roster Predictions

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Mods, please lock thread.
Users have suggested a new place to discuss my roster ideas.
Thank you.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Well hey, everyone else seems to be doing it ;)
Thsi thread shows which characters I think should be in Brawl.
Haters, flamers, noobs, noobies, complainers, all welcome!

Just one thing to ask of:
Constructive critique please :) not any of this "y0u suck" crap.
Opinions, details, and reasons wanted.

Legend:
(locked) = an unlockable character

Super Mario Bros.

1. Mario
2. Luigi (locked)
3. Yoshi
4. Peach (locked)
5. Bowser
6. Wario

Donkey Kong

7. Donkey Kong
8. Diddy Kong
9. King K. Rool (locked)

Legend of Zelda

10. Link
11. Zelda (Sheik removed)
12. Minda (locked)

Star Fox

13. Fox McCloud
14. Falco Lombardi (locked)
15. Wolf O'Donnell (locked)
16. Krystal < - - - I'm still not sure if she'd make a good edition for Brawl, she's too recent. But, I guess it wouldn't make the game worse to add another character. And she's not a waste of space, just an odd addition for the game.

Poke'mon

17. Pikachu
18. Jigglypuff (locked)
19. Mewtwo (locked)
20. Lucario (locked)

Kirby

21. Kirby
22. Metaknight
23. King Dedede (locked)

Metroid

24. Samus / Zamus
25. Dark Samus (locked)
26. Ridley (locked) < - - - another character I'm not so sure about. His moveset is weird to think about, but maybe something could work out for Ridley.

EarthBound

27. Ness
28. Jeff (locked)

F-Zero

29. Captain Falcon
30. Samurai Goroh (locked)

Kid Icarus

31. Pit

Metal Gear

32. Snake

Fire Emblem

33. Marth (locked)
34. Ike (locked)

Pikmin

35. Captain Olimar (locked)

Balloon Fighter

36. Balloon Fighter (locked)

Ice Climbers

37. Ice Climbers

Third Party

38. Sonic (locked)
39. Geno (locked
40. Mach Rider

Default: 22
Locked: 18
Total: 40
Snake is 3rd party, so you have four 3rd party characters, fix that... And because of King K Rool, Dark Samus, and Midna, I'll give it a 7/10.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Snake is 3rd party, so you have four 3rd party characters, fix that... And because of King K Rool, Dark Samus, and Midna, I'll give it a 7/10.
Thanks for the tip, I fixed it.
Smash needs more villains, and females.
Minda, King K, and Dark Samus would make a good addition I think =/

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Interesting choice of omitting Ganondorf.
You give Zelda three reps and Star Fox four? Just for that this list gets a 0 out of 5.
Ganandorf didn't make SSBM better in my opinion, I had to take him out =/
As of Star Fox having four reps, why doesn't it deserve that?
Star Fox is probably one of the best games for Nintendo. I wouldn't mind taking out Krystal, but even so, there should be no problem.

LoZ may be classic as well, but not in my personal opinion. :)
Deserves three :)

User33

Smash Journeyman
Its not like they'll keep him the same. He'll get a new moveset.

And this list is pretty bad for having more Star Fox characters then Zelda. People think of Zelda when they think of Nintendo, but nobody thinks of Star Fox. And Melee had 5 Zelda characters.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Its not like they'll keep him the same. He'll get a new moveset.

And this list is pretty bad for having more Star Fox characters then Zelda. People think of Zelda when they think of Nintendo, but nobody thinks of Star Fox. And Melee had 5 Zelda characters.
The moveset isn't all true.
Think about characters from SSB. to Melee.
They've all kept their old moves, all that changed was they add new ones =/
I personally think of Mario when I think of Nintendo, I hate LoZ.

EDIT:

Numa Dude said:
You fail for obvious reasons and if you want this to be kept open I suggest you put some actual facts and reasoning next to the characters.
These are just predictions, I don't think it's completely required to give facts and details about each and every character. Need a picture of them? Google it.

Vali

Smash Ace
LoZ is Nintendo's 3rd biggest franchise, StarFox...isn't.

Ganondorf is easily garunteed for Brawl and I couldn't get behind a character list which is missing practically essential characters. I don't particularly like Midna but that doesn't cloud my judgement in realising that outside of the main LoZ characters she has a better chance than a character I do really like, like Skull Kid.

Oh and 2 heads up. 1. Ganondorf is nothing like Captain Falcon. The reason he has a cloned moveset is because he was a last minute addition, if you think that Ganondorf will retain that cloned moveset you obviously haven't thought it through. 2. Character prediction threads without reasoning generally get locked as soon as McFox comes around, since you can only really justify making your own topic on your own predictions if you go the extra effort to explain why. You don't need to do reasons for confirmed characters and characters that are practically confirmed don't need much explanation but there's some choices that don't speak for themself. Don't be lazy and arrogant.

Caael

Smash Lord
The Ridley statement is FALSE. He has loads of moves that could be used. His priority is above Dark Samus'. Plus Falco I doubt will make it.

And add Ganon. You were saying you wanted more villains, he's the second Nintendo badass, next to bowser.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
LoZ is Nintendo's 3rd biggest franchise, StarFox...isn't.

Ganondorf is easily garunteed for Brawl and I couldn't get behind a character list which is missing practically essential characters. I don't particularly like Midna but that doesn't cloud my judgement in realising that outside of the main LoZ characters she has a better chance than a character I do really like, like Skull Kid.
Ganandorf probably will be in Brawl, I just personally don't want him to be =/
-gets prepared for noob flaming-
StarFox is definately one of the better games of Nintendo.
It all comes down to what people's likes and dislikes are.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
The Ridley statement is FALSE. He has loads of moves that could be used. His priority is above Dark Samus'. Plus Falco I doubt will make it.

And add Ganon. You were saying you wanted more villains, he's the second Nintendo badass, next to bowser.
Well the list gets 9/10 because Ridley is in it, and the -1 is because you have doubts and Dark Samus is above in priority from Ridley. D. Samus is a clooone, hellooo.
Dark Samus is no where near being a clone to the regular.
Have you even seen the gameplay of DS? Way different moves, originality was made for DS.
Ridley I just can't see playing with. And if he were to be in the game, he'd be probably really cheap. (like playing as Onaga in armageddon).

Ganondorf is just too '********' for me.
Villains are needed, but not crappy ones. :)
EDIT: Thanks for the rating :)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That SSB to melee example would've helped your case if Sakurai hadn't already said some characters will be redone on a large scale (and seeing how the original movesets seem unchanged, he was clearly talking about clones)

Regardless, Ganondorf is a staple in the Zelda series, so if you are going to limit it to 3, it should be Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

And I could care less if you don't like the Zelda series. I'm not that fond of the Mario series and there are tonnes of people who don't seem to like the Pokemon series, but anyone of sane mind knows that none of these franchises (or any franchise in general) will get less rep than they did in melee. The fact is, Zelda is one of Nintendo's main flagship franchise, and is bound to get more attention than others. Starfox isn't as important to Nintendo, so the fact you have more reps for Starfox than Zelda is blatantly flawed logic.

I'm still not sure if she'd make a good edition for Brawl, she's too recent.
How can a character be too recent? Roy was so recent he technically didn't exist yet. Not to mention I wouldn't particularly call 5 years recent (especially compared to some of your other picks)

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
Okay list... but why is Peach locked?
Because to have 6 Super Mario Bros. characters playable from the start is lame.
At least 2 should be locked, I chose Luigi and Peach.

That SSB to melee example would've helped your case if Sakurai hadn't already said some characters will be redone on a large scale (and seeing how the original movesets seem unchanged, he was clearly talking about clones)

Regardless, Ganondorf is a staple in the Zelda series, so if you are going to limit it to 3, it should be Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

And I could care less if you don't like the Zelda series. I'm not that fond of the Mario series and there are tonnes of people who don't seem to like the Pokemon series, but anyone of sane mind knows that none of these franchises (or any franchise in general) will get less rep than they did in melee. The fact is, Zelda is one of Nintendo's main flagship franchise, and is bound to get more attention than others. Starfox isn't as important to Nintendo, so the fact you have more reps for Starfox than Zelda is blatantly flawed logic.

How can a character be too recent? Roy was so recent he technically didn't exist yet. Not to mention I wouldn't particularly call 5 years recent (especially compared to some of your other picks)
Again, this is about opinions.
You don't care what I think about LoZ? That's the same way I think.
And notice how Roy isn't even in my list?

EDIT:
As for updates my first post, that's what I'll do now.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I don't like the LoZ series either, but it definately deserves more rep than Starfox. LoZ is a system seller, Starfox not so much.

King K. Rool - Terrible choice, overweight alligator with zero charisma. villains for villian's sake are pointless.

Midna - You say Krystal is too recent and you add Midna?

Wolf or Krystal, pick one. Starfox doesn't deserve four.

Lucario is lame, I don't see what his appeal is.

Dark Samus - We don't need 3 Samus's. For those who say she's nothing like Samus, it doesn't matter. We don't need 3 Samus's.

Samurai Goroh - Used to think he deserved it, but F-Zero really doesn't deserve more than one.

Vali

Smash Ace
I think he was more highlighting the 5 years isn't recent thing. That and a "Brawl Roster Prediction thread" isn't the same as "The characters I'd like in Brawl" since any of the latter would result in a list with about 10-20 characters with no to virtually zero chance of appearing. Some people choose to put in a few obscure characters on their list as a kind've hopeful wish but the omission of the 3rd biggest Zelda character who was already in Melee just proves that your list is currently wrong. Plus if you want to post a list without reasons, the place to do it is http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=75460&page=30 and making topics which most likely will just be locked is a waste.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It says predictions in the thread title, so I'd assume that you are at least trying to predict a likely Brawl roster. If you think under representing one of Nintendo's main franchises qualifies as an accurate prediction then you must be high or something.

Though the fact that my point about Roy seems to have flown completely over your head kind of suggests that anyway.

Edit: ****it , Vali beat me to it XD

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Ah, i didn't notice Ganondorf was not in it... 0/10... if he gets a new moveset with magic and his sword he can easily be one of the better additions.

Yeah, and your favorite characters and Brawl predictions don't mean the same thing.

Smash > LoZ > Everything Else...
Have you played any zelda games? TP? OoT? MM? MC? O.o

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok 1, i support green shell's k.rool vote, but only if it is cap'n K. Rool. i think brawl needs more pirate rep considering that we have to many ninjas in there already. i wouldn't so much count ridely as a pirate though because he doesn't dress like one.

next, gannondorf is a good choice for brawl, hell i even liked him as a clone. i think his moveset should be a mix of 2 hand sword fighting and regular brawling with a little bit of dark magic for fun.

i think krystal is a better choice then wolf for the reason that krystal can use her staff adding something new to gameplay, while wolf seems like he would be a little bit of a fox clone

goroh would be a great addition for a samurai based sword fighter, and f-zero needs more rep. its not like hesa bad character either, so noone is really the looser.

deoxys is better than lucario

and stafy needs to get in on this list, although ray01 wouldn't be bad either

that is all i have to say as of now

Top Bottom