• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Acceleration Region - aMSa

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Wow, that's very interesting. No wonder I always thought Egg Roll was very inconsistent in it's movement, but it makes much more sense now since it's probably the only move in the game that is physics-based (going faster down slopes). I thought they just used different textures for different types of ground, excluding ice, but it seems they all have their own traction values too. Now we know the better stages to use that move on, not that you'd use it often anyway. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's very interesting. No wonder I always thought Egg Roll was very inconsistent in it's movement, but it makes much more sense now since it's probably the only move in the game that is physics-based (going faster down slopes). I thought they just used different textures for different types of ground, excluding ice, but it seems they all have their own traction values too. Now we know the better stages to use that move on, not that you'd use it often anyway. Thanks for sharing!
I want to report since reading this thread i've been using the Egg Roll more on the Green portion of Pokemon stadium and it has done wonders against the opponents. If you can control the egg roll correctly it is possible to combo the egg roll hits together but i would recommend use it to catch opponents off guard.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to look more into this, I just can't see me putting egg rolls into my Yoshi game.
i would advise not to. If you're playing by tournament rules Pokemon stadium is usually a level picked and Since the eggroll has such horrible priority i would only recommend using it on those green area's that amsa suggested anywhere else is suicide.

Top Bottom