• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great Desert M

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Hey, so I really want to use the Great Desert (Monster Hunter) stage for my copy of PM, but there's no Melee style camera version online. I'd greatly appreciate either someone to take a crack at it, or just try to explain to me how to fix the camera using BrawlBox. Thanks.

P.S. I couldn't decide if this belonged in the help and support forum but ultimately decided it was better fit for the custom content section. If a BR member has any light to shed on whether or not I made the right decision that'd be great.

So Major Edit: I've gone ahead and done it, so I figured I'd offer the file to others who may want to use it. Here's a link to my dropbox. Thanks to DragonRage for making the original stage.

Download Links:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=9241
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20199305/Great Desert M.zip

Kati

Smash Lord
What version of Brawlbox are you using? Unless the methods have changed, simply importing Miscdata[10] (aka STPM in the latest Brawlbox) from a stage like Final destination should do it.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
It looks like I'm using V0.63d. And thanks, I'll try that out after class.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm bumping this thread because it now has a download link in the OP. Thanks again for the help, Kati.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Can I replace this with another stage or only FD?

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Porting the Melee style camera was that easy? I've really been out of the loop with stage hacking for too long.

Nice, now I can use my stage again. Do you mind if I update the Brawlvault entry with your edited version? I'll credit you of course =D

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Please do. You should also post the link here so I can update the OP and maybe get you a little of traffic. Thanks for making this stage, by the way. The number of hours I've poured into Monster Hunter Tri....it makes me shudder. I'm literally going to Gamestop later today to buy a Wii U so I can play the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo (and obviously buy the real game when it's out). Flippin' fantastic series.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I have the outdated version without the camera set over pictochat.Will the melee camera version you put up work on pictochat or do i need the proper rel files (and do you have them).

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Im sort of confused. I dled the file. Do i just move the STCPictchat.pac file to stages/melee and replace it, and use my old st_pictchat.rel file in module? Where is the fixed camera...as far as I understand it, I thought these .pac files were just visual textures and had no effect on the camera itself.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
If I'm not mistaken there'll be a Project M folder in the zip file which will house the proper pac file. pacs contain almost all the information about the stage if I'm not mistaken. Textures, models, maybe hazards information, camera, and probably other stuff like lighting and what not.

So short answer, yes you just put the new pac file in on your SD card.

As for the other levels, I'll see what I can do and edit this post when I get them up.

Here you go. I didn't test them out at all, so let me know how/if they work. I just threw FD over them since it seemed like they were both flat stages based on the samples:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20199305/STGPIRATES[BlueMoon M].pac
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20199305/STGPIRATES[outset].pac

Note that you'll still need the rel file from the original download on Brawlvault.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
When you say you threw FD over them, like you did with the desert, how do i get them on other stages? For Example, the pictochat you designed in the project m folder is made for fd. Does that mean I need to dl a fd.rel file and rename it pictchat or whatever and put that in module?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Basically I put the camera for PM FD on the stages that you asked me to put camera changes on. I didn't change anything else so as far as .rel files go they will behave as the original files from brawl vault. Nothing has changed except how the camera works. Hope that's what you were asking/that answer helps. Feel free to ask if it doesn't. I'm very much uneducated as far as brawl hacking goes, so I'm glad to help where I can.

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
So, Im having a bit of trouble with this stage. I'm trying to port it over Onett but im having problems. At first the problem (im assuming) was that I used the vbrawl version of the stage, but afterwards I tried the PM version and it still froze when I tried it.

This was my first attempt at .rel stuff so I probably just messed something up, but maybe you can give me some advice on this.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I'm no expert, but basically here's what you have to do. This is a .rel file that ports Final Destination over WarioWare. You want to download it and then open it in a hex editor:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20199305/st_madein.rel

Then, search for the the line:
38 A5 00 00 38 80 00

The following byte is the stage ID (or something). So for my WarioWare rel it's 1C. You want to change it to 2C so you'll have:
38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 1C

Then all you need to do is rename the file from st_madin.rel to st_dxonett.rel and put it on your SD card with all your other rel files (the module folder).

Further reading can be found here:
http://ssbbcustom.wikia.com/wiki/Module_files

If you have any further problems let me know and I'll see what I can do.

AncientPancakes

Smash Cadet
Thanks brotha. Your advice did the trick and it works great. This will be the perfect stage to hype me up for Monster hunter ultimate.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Eh, the brawlvault link still works, I just checked o.O

Guess, I'll upload the full pack to dropbox just in case. Mediafire has been deleting some of my other hacks already.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm glad you included all the brawlbox data (SSS, name tags, etc.). Its a real pain to find ones that do.

Top Bottom