• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Great but basic WFT combo at 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I found a really cool combo that can be successful from 0%-50% First :GCD:Grab, and then back:GCA:. An easy 20%! Any feedback on this combo I invented? It's short! but almost never misses.
Remember, please no cursing or censoring on the forum!Have a good day! :bluejump::4wiifit::4wiifitm:

D

Deleted member

Just a note, I use the classic controller, not the GC controller, I may get a few buttons wrong.:toonlink::pikachu2::kirby2::lucario::squirtle::pt:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Dthrow doesn't combo into anything.

The only guaranteed damage Wft gets from throws is Uthrow>Uair on a small handful of the cast.

D

Deleted member

Dthrow doesn't combo into anything.

The only guaranteed damage Wft gets from throws is Uthrow>Uair on a small handful of the cast.
Ok, so maybe it's not a combo, but it's useful.

Niala

Smash Ace
I've found this doesn't work very well. I initially thought to use it quite often, but as I gained experience with her throws, I found that a lot of characters had better options than she did out of her DThrow. Her Bair doesn't come out quick enough and most characters can throw out a quick Nair/Fair and stuff her Bair. Instead, like 9Ball suggested, It's best to use Uthrow>Uair. It's an incredibly tight timing, but it's effective. Alternatively, you can use FThrow and pressure their landing with Fair. I've found this is effective and has the added benefit of not staling her Uthrow, which I've found is a useful kill throw when used in combination with Deep Breathing.

Kith

Smash Ace
Yeah that's an easy way to get punished. I would not recommend trying it very often, if at all. It's not a true combo, and you'll end up getting punished more than landing it in high level play

⑨ball

Smash Ace
IMO, down throw is best used as a landing trap set up. Don't chase them into the air below 70%. Hold your ground and position yourself under them in any of your neutral stances. React accordingly and put them back into the air continuously. Obviously this works with Uthrow too, but Dthrow can force them to use their jump much easier.

D

Deleted member

Yeah that's an easy way to get punished. I would not recommend trying it very often, if at all. It's not a true combo, and you'll end up getting punished more than landing it in high level play
I never said it was THAT good, just possible. I also forgot to mention it only really works well with CPUs. Also, it can be a combo if you can do 2 back airs.

Kith

Smash Ace
I never said it was THAT good, just possible. I also forgot to mention it only really works well with CPUs. Also, it can be a combo if you can do 2 back airs.
Lol anything is possible, but that doesn't mean you should try it.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Cut Pikabrawler some slack, guys. The way he speaks should be enough to tell you that he's clearly deserving of being left alone. He meant well by trying to share his find.

Kith

Smash Ace
Cut Pikabrawler some slack, guys. The way he speaks should be enough to tell you that he's clearly deserving of being left alone. He meant well by trying to share his find.
So you think that we should just leave this here and not reply to him? I don't think anyone is making fun of him or being in any way disrespectful. I respect him enough to have a conversation with him about what he posted, and not just ignore his post.

Also, it's probably best for anybody who's lurking to know that this isn't a "great" combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom