• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Greasy-Con E-Sports Convention

Zyzoxing

Smash Rookie
Hello Fellow Smashers,

It's been a long time since I've been here. I've been out of the scene for a while due to real life issues. I doubt anyone around even remembers me but I've linked to my old account in my signature for those interested in knowing who I was. I'm back now and working on the biggest project I've ever decided to take on. It's a kickstarter project. So I don't really expect it to be well received from someone who hasn't been in the community for a while. Anyways I'm still reaching out to the community because I know the Smash community is easily one of the largest and most active communities and I know for a fact that Smash will be at this event in some form. Anyways most of the information is in the Kickstarter. I'm still going to put together a video for it but I'm mostly focused on getting feedback on the event and possibly influence what the experience will be like. Thanks for your time and I look forward to working with you all and providing an awesome event like I've always dreamed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/457573980/greasy-controller-convention

Zyzoxing

Smash Rookie
Edited the entire event. We're going to be completely Nintendo focused with the games focusing on Wii U versions. Smash 4, Mario Kart(Yes Mario Kart for Money), Splatoon, and Pokken Tournament. The prize teirs on Kickstarter have been readjusted as I've received the price for the venue. We're aiming for March 24-26 2017. Event is $25 to attend. There will be a game room full of Wii U and possibly Nintendo NX consoles(Depending on Release Date). Hotel will be offering brand new rooms in their remodeled hotel for $124/night it will be a Marriott built right over the event center.

Tournaments

Smash Wii U - $10
Smash Wii U Doubles - $20(Per Team)
Mario Kart - $10
Splatoon - $40 (Per Team)
Pokken Tournament - $10

Prize breakdowns haven't been determined yet. We're looking for a breakdown that will benefit the players. We've also reached out to Nintendo in hopes of getting them to sponsor some of the prizes. So hopefully if we can get some support on the Kickstarter it would inspire Nintendo to add some prize money to the event.

Thanks for your time. Feel free to ask any questions there's a lot more I'm working on like getting a new logo and such.

Last edited:
Top Bottom