• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grapple Fail Help

Litt

Samus
Ok everyone... so I have been hearing a lot of complaints about samus's grapple failing... There are 2 reasons why her grapple will fail... 1. You have used the grapple 3 times off the stage before touching the ground, on the 4th time, the grapple will fail. The second reason is if you use the grapple too high above this stage or on the plane horizontal to the edge/stage, or the plane perfectly vertical to the ledge. If you do not understand this, I have added a pretty picture diagram to help you understand.

http://i.imgur.com/YjKZsJ0.jpg

Litt

Samus
Its all pretty much common sense and trial and error, but I'm glad it was of assistance to you :)

MVP

Smash Ace
the height on the line of failure differs from stage to stage. on a stage like battlefield its like a 30degree angle

Top Bottom