• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Graphics Card Upgrading

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm thinking of upgrading my current video card (ATI Radeon X1050: 256 MB RAM) with another one with 512 MB RAM, namely a 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS.

Is this a decent investment? I hope to be able to play games like Crysis, Mass Effect, and hopefully the upcoming Sims 3, if that would help out in your opinions.
And also how long do you think a video card like that would last before I need to upgrade again?

TY in advance.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
It is a good investment, because the better the graphics card, the better your games will run. I would say go for the better graphics card and play the faster game . Also more memory.^^

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
You will be able to play these games, but in the future a 9500 (though good) will become obsolete. I would prefer a bigger model like 9600 or 9800. It will play every game for a much longer period.
For example, a Geforce 7600 doesn't play very well Crysis, but a Geforce 7950 does (personal experience).

Top Bottom