• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabbing and Up Throws is making the game stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
The entire cast benefits from up throw combos.

Running grabs need to be techable.

Dash dance running grab. up throw. combo. Reset. Repeat.

Grabs slow the game down and makes it predictable and boring as ****... oh look up thrown. 60%

now wait for that random smash....

cmon. more throwing blows less throwing grabs.

Change up throws PLEASE. every character should have a different way to combo out of grab making it unique. literally everyone can just up throw and be like cool free combo.

Since the entire cast benefits from this that means charatcers who do alot of damage quickly. ie marth tipper from up throw... benefit GREATLY.

If you are a slow character who lack this. You do not benefit as much as say marth would.

Last edited:

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
The entire cast benefits from up throw combos.

Running grabs need to be techable.

Dash dance running grab. up throw. combo. Reset. Repeat.

Grabs slow the game down and makes it predictable and boring as ****... oh look up thrown. 60%

now wait for that random smash....

cmon. more throwing blows less throwing grabs.

Change up throws PLEASE. every character should have a different way to combo out of grab making it unique. literally everyone can just up throw and be like cool free combo.

Since the entire cast benefits from this that means charatcers who do alot of damage quickly. ie marth tipper from up throw... benefit GREATLY.

If you are a slow character who lack this. You do not benefit as much as say marth would.
lol.
It seems you haven't played the game for a while.

Last edited:

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
By a while, I meant for a long period of time (like 6 months or so)

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
I'm not trying to offend you or anything, I'm just saying you have a lack of experience.

If you manage to get grabbed you deserve to have any amount of damage dealt to you. Avoiding anything from your opponent should be a really high priority in this game. If you do get grabbed, use combo DI to get away from it.

Simply calling something "broken" because it keeps happening to you isn't the way to go. A lot of things in this game are broken. Lots of the cast have grab combos and follow ups, not just from uthrow alone. Pit, for example, relies on his dthrow to pop up opponents for an easy fair or other aerial followup.

Instead of calling something "broken", a good approach is to try and understand why you're getting grabbed so you can avoid it.

Last edited:

Psychostoner

Smash Cadet
again you dont understand. you cant DI with full hp....

you can spam up tilt and up throw combo.

Once the combo is done youll be about 50-60% anything after that doesnt matter since you are smashable by most of the cast.

zen-bz-

NNID
Valkauv
again you dont understand. you cant DI with full hp....

you can spam up tilt and up throw combo.

Once the combo is done youll be about 50-60% anything after that doesnt matter since you are smashable by most of the cast.
What do you mean by "full HP"? There is no HP system.
If you mean 0%, yes you can still DI (DI always works) and it does work to end combos after a while. You may be caught in a combo at first, but you can get out of it a lot faster than if you didn't DI out of it.

Which char are you referring to specifically here with these combos? It seems like you're frustrated at a particular character as opposed to a majority of them.

And every % matters.

You're either fairly new to the game (in which case I'm trying to help), or you're choosing ignorance over learning how to combat combos and tactics. If you're choosing the latter I'm afraid we can't reason with you until you learn that you actively need to try and stop combos as opposed to just accepting them and letting % rack on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom