• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab whiff for no reason?

AaronSMASH

Smash Apprentice
It seems to happen when I consecutively throw a grab out while the other guy is throwing something out.

It's almost as if they spot dodge it but there is definitely no spot dodge I'm 100% sure. I'm also absolutely sure they were well within range. And I wasn't being hit.

I'm not sure how much of an effect this has in a regular match. I just noticed it happening while messing around in training and a cpu fight. One in particular was against Bowser. I grabbed, missed, then threw another one out and it just went right through him. He was using his side b when it happened.

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
You have to wait around a second or 2 after grabbing somone to grab them again, this is to prevent chaingrabs

AaronSMASH

Smash Apprentice
You have to wait around a second or 2 after grabbing somone to grab them again, this is to prevent chaingrabs
I didn't grab him before though. I missed. Sorry I didn't clarify that.

Edit: Actually I might be wrong. I'll just save it if I notice it again. I can't remember for sure if I hadn't already grabbed him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom