• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab release options

Ultra-Platinum

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrandScenarios
I'm sure most of you know that compared to Olimar's other Pikmin (which do 2%), the White Pikmin do 4% pummel damage.
Depending on the Pikmin I have at hand, I will usually go for a grab with White, pummel them and do a dtilt when they break free of the grab. I can usually take them by surprise and they won't have time to retaliate.
Is there any safer options to do? It seems ftilt's start up is too slow for this and jab is just slightly lacking on range compared to dtilt.
Would it be more efficient to just use a throw? Judging by the plucking order, a Purple will be right behind the White and when I do a throw with white there is weaker knock-back allowing me to chain a Purple fair off dthrow easier, so it is probably a better choice, damage wise.
Share strategies and opinions I guess.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I was trying to do some tests before answering this but definitely I need to test against human player.
As soon as possible I will be posting the info but I needed to let you know that I am working on this :).

Top Bottom