• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GR mindgames

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Ok dK (yea new nick for diddy kong. Lower case d and capital K >_> TM) can easily grab release people at the edge thanks to banana locking. Ive tested this on only a few characters, but it helps with the matchup. On Marth and Ness you can grab release to spike if the Di towards the stage (they will if they expect a fthrow) and you Dair Spike them. Even if they don't do anything You might get the spike in. And if they expect the GR Fthrow them to KO them if they are at higher percentages (because they will DI away from the stage).

pastaboy

Smash Champion
il have to try it, i dont think they will DI the way we want, usually people DI away from the stage wen they know they are being GR. This only works on ness or marth?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
No I havent tested the rest of the cast. I have tested the first two rows of people, there are still two left. And this is especially good, because ness has a unique jump for his recovery and if he uses it right away you can gimp him easily and marth can get trapped under the lip of FD if you do it there.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
It might work on Kirby. Also you guys might SD when you do the dair so try to jump right after you dair to make sure you survive.

Top Bottom