• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gothic Bloody Climax (Concept)

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Gothic Bloody Climax is a platform fighting game inspired by things like Super Smash Bros and Playstation Allstars Battle Royale featuring characters from the history of Gothic Wolf Tail. I have created many characters over the years and this is my way of celebrating almost 10 years. I've noticed some of my older characters haven't been remember sense my audience tarted to spike in late 2014.

Major Update: 2/10/2016
The game was originally going to just use characters from my past that are now publicly scene either from the web comics or GothicSlenderman's history, but then I remembered there were A LOT of characters I made that never made an appearance before or had their project cancelled/discontinued. So this project will be more than just a history of Gothic Wolf Tail, but a history of character designs from already established series, forgotten faces and ones even made specifically for Climax!

Other updates are in the Characters section showing the first 12 planned fighters and how we intend to handle the roster.

Movement & Attacks

Similar to Smash you will have standard and special attacks, but you won't have Smash attacks, grabs, shields or edge grabs/attacks. Instead you will have what I like to call the Rift. Using pressing the same button as the rift while not moving will make the character block. Depending on what attack they're blocking they will either take no damage or little damage. Pressing any direction while blocking will cause you to use the rift. A burst into the direction you choose. Inbetween the time you start and end the rift you can dodge enemy attacks. So you can dodge a projectile and get upclose and personal with the enemy who used it. However; there are a few draw backs. The more you use it in a short amount of time will cause the Rift's distance & speed to lower. And you can even start taking damage and knockback if it's worn down enough. You can also only use it once in the air.

How do you defeat opponents?

You (and everyone else) has a health meter and when you lose all of your health you will be beaten...UNLESS it's a timed match or you have another stock. Then you will respawn with all of your health back. But you can defeat you enemies the old fashioned Smash way by knocking them out of the arena. But this is extremely difficult sense some the knockback doesn't go as far normally as it would in Smash. Though, there is one thing. In Smash you gain damage and you'll be sent farther. In this game however; the lower health you have the farther you will go. You could have 20 HP left against an opponent who only has 2HP but if Player 2 uses the right attack at the right time you could be sent out of the arena.

Glass Break Technique

Meteor attacks will be present in this game, but if your opponent is slammed on a platform or on the ground by your attack hard enough, not only will they lose health from your attack but also take additional damage from the impact. This will be referred to as a Glass Break. There are many things you have to take in consideration though, like how high is their starting point? How fast will they hit the ground? And what attack to use? I'm sure the Glass Break will make things a bit more interesting in battle.

Climax

Over your Health meter is your Climax meter. You fill it by landing attacks and even taking damage. Once it's filled you can use your most powerful attack the Climax. It's different for every fighter and can be used in different ways as well.

Stages

There will be almost no Stage Hazards to save time on development. And also, a lot of the stages will be based on the Competitive community. I want to make a lot of these stages (at least half of what I have in mind) Tournament Legal!

Characters

The game will first have 12 Fighters, but as time progresses we will use FREE UPDATES to add new fighters, stages and modes! (along with the obvious bug fixing & balancing) This means Climax will not have a set amount of characters just yet.

First our Mascot Alice Darksin

She is the face of Gothic Wolf Tail & the main female character of Re:Incarnation and lover of Zack Shadron. She's the strongest character of all of the protagonists. She's a Blood Cannibal/The Bloodmancer so she does not need weapons to fight. A very strong individual. A medium weight, fast moving, strong fighter. Also she's got a six pack AND she's a sexy Goth girl. What more could you want?

Then is Zack Shadron

Zack Shadron is the main character of my future web comic series Re:Incarnation. Wielding his newly found scythe at hand and his Shadow Cannibal abilities he will surely be a very versatile fighter. Many long range attacks with some special attributes. A medium weight, fast fighter.

Now
Mr. Tuggles

Zephyr

Our first GUEST FIGHTER from the 2014 indie Spheroids by From Soy Sauce. He will be one of the biggest fighters in the game with low speeds but lots of projectiles. Little Mac is a character that's a menace on the ground but we're making Zephyr a menace of the air. Be sure to check out From Soy Sauce and their YouTube account as their indevelopment of their own Smash like game

https://www.youtube....er/FromSoySauce

Stages so far

NOTE: Some of these stages have no background or are still in the concept phases

-True Climax (Gothic Bloody Climax)

-Cancer Avenue (Re:INCARNATION)

-Shelve System (103)

-Introduction (CIII)

-Purgatory (Dance of Suicide)

-Neo-Spring Forge (Grove of Spring Memories)

-Turbo the Sphere Stage (Still deciding)

-Centraxis (Spheroids)

That's all I can talk about now! Give me your thoughts down below!

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Hey, this looks really cool so far. Hope the game works well.

Hey, if you need assistance on the game, I may have more character's I have in mind by me or I could voice act, you name ANY part, let me know if interested. :)

Thanks.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this looks really cool so far. Hope the game works well.

Hey, if you need assistance on the game, I may have more character's I have in mind by me or I could voice act, you name ANY part, let me know if interested. :)

Thanks.
Thanks for the support! I'll keep that in mind!

Top Bottom