• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got some olimar playtime in

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Il do my best to answer any questions you guys have. I got to play for about 4 hours last night (not just olimar of course).

IllidR

Smash Champion
What are Olimar's throws like? As in, what is his method of grabbing opponents, does it involve Pikmin and does it vary depending on which Pikmin you use. What are his directional throws, and what's their effectiveness strength-wise? Do they have the potential to chain-grab? What is Olimar's attack on the opponents when they are grabbed? Does it vary with different Pikmin line ups?

Also, what ground types give Olimar different Pikmin from his plucking? Does it vary from stage-to-stage?

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
does he suck?? xD
No, he was one of my favorites

How easy is his tether recovery to pull off?
Pretty easy, usually having 6 pikmin was not a problem. Also, what is cool about his up B is that it is actually practical to use as an offensive attack. Since olimar does no more anywhere (he just lashes out pikmin) there is no lag and no falling animation (when used on the ground) so it can be used to hit an opponent on a platform above you.

What are Olimar's throws like? As in, what is his method of grabbing opponents, does it involve Pikmin and does it vary depending on which Pikmin you use. What are his directional throws, and what's their effectiveness strength-wise? Do they have the potential to chain-grab? What is Olimar's attack on the opponents when they are grabbed? Does it vary with different Pikmin line ups?

Also, what ground types give Olimar different Pikmin from his plucking? Does it vary from stage-to-stage?
The throws involve the pikmin grabbing and have nice range. It does not vary depending on the pikmin by my experience. I couldn't give descriptions on his directional throws in detail, but their strength is pretty good. I didn't see much Chain Grab potential, but that will take more experimenting. I cannot comment on the last few questions, but I should be getting some more playtime soon. I will remember these questions and find out.

Top Bottom