• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got No Respect

Sukai

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=932]Got No Respect[/drupal]

Man, you'd think that you have the support of your fellow mainers of character,and that they will at least acknowledge your effort to supply a change in something. New ideas are of course naturally looked at with skepticism, but this is just sad. I'm not going to go into detail with my idea, or who in particular doesn't seem to like my effort, but it's just plain sad. I believe I'm doing something good and inspiring for my (online) community of smashers, providing an alternative approach to an otherwise contemporary method that has caused our main character to be drop lower, due to predictable playstyle (amongst other things). But instead of support, acknowledgment,or even a "good job on this, you clearly put some thought in this feat", I get alot of ugly faces (figuratively speaking) and thumbs downs.

I'm not letting it get in the way of my project, but it's still a shame to see that no one respects what I'm at least trying to do. They don't appreciate, the idea, the concept, the effort, nothing at all. It would be understandable if they don't agree with the approach or the content, but the thought of it should at least get some acknowledgment. I'm not generally the optimistic type, but I hope that my research and project will gain some respect and people will actually try it out and see for themselves whether or not they want to adopt the methods I posted. Right now, no one is even trying (and if they are-- who am i kidding).

I'm gonna continue my project, regardless of how many people dislike my idea.
Maybe when I'm done, some people will try it out.

Here's hoping.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
For your sig: When you have a lot to say, it's easier to type out the simple and commonly understood 'fsmash' instead of 'forward smash' all the time. And people are lazy, but as long as the point gets across, all is well.

Anyways, that can happen. The best way to fix it? Prove them wrong. Have a video of you against someone else who's clearly a competent player, and show how effective the approach is in the match.

Sukai

Smash Champion
For your sig: When you have a lot to say, it's easier to type out the simple and commonly understood 'fsmash' instead of 'forward smash' all the time. And people are lazy, but as long as the point gets across, all is well.

Anyways, that can happen. The best way to fix it? Prove them wrong. Have a video of you against someone else who's clearly a competent player, and show how effective the approach is in the match.
The rant was a joke.
I'll take that video dealy, thanks for the helpful tidbit.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Want respect? Don't whine.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
yo, make what you're trying to do and how to accomplish it clearer because your thread doesn't really say anything that people don't already do/know besides that alternative tier list thing, which is...iffy. Play Lightning93, me, or someone else who uses fox. You already played Iblis, he already uses a different fox playing style: the japanese fox. Play some more people...

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I never rejected your new Fox project at all. I found the concept very interesting, but for someone who plays Fox as much as I do, it wasn't helping me so much at the moment. I actually felt very bad seeing all the negative comments on your thread, but you could have always turned those around into suggestions. As for me, I was thinking the whole time about how much effort you have put it to benefit the Fox community, and for that I thank you deeply. However, I wouldn't completely ignore everyone else, because you may not want to spend your time creating new playstyles if in the end it doesn't benefit Fox's metagame as a whole.

Top Bottom