• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gordo Toss Reimagined

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
During a livestream someone asked if Triple D's gordo toss was his Down special. At first I thought it was a little stupid, but then I rambled in my head about redoing the toss itself to be a little more viable. I'mma show my thoughts in a line so it doesn't look too sloppy.

Down Special projectile => Link's Bomb => Z dropping => Z dropping Waddle Dees => Olimar "buffs" from Brawl

Now to put it in context; I don't know why Sakurai changed the Waddle Dee toss, but it was probably for viability. But what if Triple D got a change like Olimar where he'd pull out a Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, and the current Gordo in order. Waddle Dee's would help beat out some projectile, or, "meatshield", and could be used for a Z drop. Waddle Doo's are, well, walking projectiles that do so when they please. And the current Gordo because the traps are amazing to pull off. Just thought I'd share my thought process and see what others think, this'll never happen since the king is already perfect.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Hmm, intersting idea, I actually like it. However, I think it would be more fun if the creature was decided randomly, like Peach's turnips, or similar to how it functioned in Brawl, but instead of throwing it immediately, he holds it instead. I don't think that should replace the gordo toss, but if it replaced the jet hammer, it would be just as fun to use and probably more functional. Maybe even throw in a 1% chance to pull out a hammer, which could either win you the game, or lose it if you are over an edge. Risk vs. Reward is fun!

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
You wanna know why I'm happy Dedede no longer can throw Waddle Dees?

Because it means we can get Waddle Dee as a DLC Character!!!!

Seriously. I really want Bandana Waddle Dee with his spear as a playable character. He was the fourth Kirby Character in Kirby's Return to Dreamland for Wii!

Waddle Dee's jump attack was absolutely amazing in Brawl, though.

If Waddle Dee's replaced the Jet Hammer I wouldn't feel like we lost too much, but I feel like the Jet Hammer as a part of Dedede's arsenal is very important and useful as well, it's adds a very viable option to the mix up.

You could have a 1/10 chance to throw a Waddle Doo instead (that's the one with the lasers). Thrown Waddle Dee's would be better than Diddy's banana and Rob's Gyro and Bowser Jr.'s explody toy thing all put together.

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
I voted for Bandana Dee the day the ballot opened, he'd be an amazing character in smash and would finish the, uh, quartet(?) of the Kirby series, but I'm pretty sure Triple D not having Waddle Dees wouldn't affect that since their already in Smash Run. Besides, Bandana Dee isn't a regular enemy, he was that OHK boss in Kirby Super Star Ultra.

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Right. He's no ordinary Waddle Dee (unlike the Waddle Dees in Smash Run). But I'm pretty sure that if we took off the Bandana we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Top Bottom