• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Video Editing software?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Can anyone recommend good video editing software?(free preferrably).

I have tried Avidemux but its not exactly user-friendly.

Windows Movie Maker 2 just isnt cutting it. Mainly because it squishes my brawl videos at the sides.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
I, myself, have been trying to find a good program for creating movies. Free, of course. I mean, I'd buy Flash, but it's way over my budget. I found something called Jahshaka a few days ago, but I haven't gotten to learn it yet, so I don't know if it's any good.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Anybody know some good software for capturing PAL 60hz TV? I'm having a lot of trouble with it at the moment.

Ulead Video Studio refuses to capture PAL 60hz, and captures NTSC 60hz in monochrome.

I end up having to record in PAL 50hz to get color, but I'd like 60hz.

I use an RCA usb video capture device.

I'm thinking it's software related (Like, a driver issue or something), so I've been looking around for some software without much success.

Sensai

Smash Master
Bump.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone has found a good piece of software to edit movies with, as I'm currently in a jam.

What I specifically need to do is extract about a minute from an .avi file to use in a presentation tomorrow. WMM, for some reason, refuses to work with said file (no errors given; it loads the video fine but won't play it for some reason, it just plays the audio).

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio as of right now. It isn't exactly free though, but then again it isn't too much to buy for.

If you're making Brawl Machinima then either Vegas Studio or Adobe will do well. I've never worked first hand with Adobe but I've seen lots of people work great wonders with it, but it costs more and since you're either looking for free then that would be bad.

Using Vegas Studio is pretty easy. You might need to look up a few tutorials here and there to figure things out, but once you've got it you'll be making some good machinima in no time, so I recommend it if you're willing to dig up some cash.

It also lets you Chroma Key and lots of other effects if you're into that.

If you're looking for free still. from what I see Windows Movie Maker is the best you'll find. I've searched and searched and still haven't found anything else that comes close to it.

I'll look around some now if you want. 1 year might have made a difference.

Top Bottom