• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Technique to get back on the stage?

Darkebrz

Smash Rookie
How do you do it? I hold onto the edge, press away, jump then press side-b. Its great for punishing a foe that is edge guarding, dealing 10%.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
While I agree that your way is a good one, if you abuse it too much, your opponent is going to catch on. You need to mix it up in order to get back onto the stage successfully. Some different options:

- The one you mentioned: Surprise Diddy Hump (or Kick)
- Letting go of the ledge and doing a FAir
- Dropping into a wall cling; adds another level of unpredictability
- Ledge hop into a air dodge
-Drop from the ledge, then perform your Up B while holding down so you fly upward past the ledge instead of snapping to it

You can always tap the attack button while hanging on the ledge, too, as well as the L/R buttons. There's a bunch of different ways to go about recovering.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
IF the enemy is right above me I usually drop of the ledge jump and U-air and hang on the ledge again but you have to mix up alot of tactics so you don't get predictable.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
against scrubs, i only use the 3 basic moves to get off the ledge: attack, roll, or jump.

against better players, i mix in drop-SH-fair. or drop-SH-diddyhump.

CookieMonst3r

Smash Rookie
A technique I've found somewhat useful is Diddy Humping torward the stage then, Barrel Blasting to the ledge, which will either damage them or get you to the ledge.

Top Bottom